Configure VOD and storage s3

Hi experts,

I am new in kaltura, and I have a few questions to configure the enviorement.

I have installes version 12 working. I have deployed a RPM cluster service and I have 7 Nodes (one for service including media service and VOD) all the nodes are ec2-instance deloyed in AWS. I can upload videos and play them from the KMC. But what I want to do, i do not know how to achieve.

What I want is using the service VOD in order to users can watch videos with the bitrate adaptative system. I have some mix information so first of all, i would like to be explained over some points.

1.- To get what i want do i need the live streaming NODE or just the VOD Node
2.- When I deployed the system, I had not installed a Node VOD, but now yes. Do I have to reconfig the system in all nodes to make visible the VOD NOde… How can i make this??
3.- Im not an expert in VOD or NGINX, but it seems that first collect a file (manifest) and then take video in small packets called chunks… Is that am saying correct??. If is true, I would like to know if the VOD Node is the machine who makes the chunks, or where are the made??.
4.- Following the previous point, I have said that i can upload videos without problems, but when I create a remote storage in aws s3… and play the videos the entry show me “no media source find”… And this is weird, because the video exists on s3. So If the chunks are created by the VOD node, I would like to be uploaded these chunks to the S3 storage too, of course depending on the flavors. I do not know if what i am saying is a totally nosense.
5.- Finally I would like to know which is the basic configure made from the admin console to create a delivery profile who match the requirements I have explained

I have read the VOD documentation, but it seems is only how to configure a nginxs server. I am a little lost here, and I would appreciate any help or any doc to read. I am not an expert in nginx or vod protocols (HLS, HDS…), i do not want an extensive configuration, only the bitrate adaptative for our users.

Thanks for all

Hello @jlotito

Both Live Streaming and serving of VOD using HLS, HDS and DASH is accomplished by using the kaltura-nginx package. The Nginx provided with this package is compiled with both the nginx-vod-module and the Nginx RTMP module.
For an overview on Live Streaming, see https://github.com/kaltura/platform-install-packages/blob/Lynx-12.13.0/doc/nginx-rtmp-live-streaming.md

Please see a full explanation about the configuration here:

As I said before, the VOD Nginx module knows how to take a video file, create a HLS, HDS or a DASH manifest for it and serve it in segments. By default, the Kaltura player uses the HLS format for delivery. All these formats are adaptive bitrate formats, meaning they use an algorithm that takes into consideration the available bandwidth when determining which flavour of the video to serve. You can read about adaptive bitrates here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adaptive_bitrate_streaming. [quote=“jlotito, post:1, topic:6605”]
4.- Following the previous point, I have said that i can upload videos without problems, but when I create a remote storage in aws s3… and play the videos the entry show me “no media source find”… And this is weird, because the video exists on s3. So If the chunks are created by the VOD node, I would like to be uploaded these chunks to the S3 storage too, of course depending on the flavors. I do not know if what i am saying is a totally nosense.
[/quote]
Please see an explanation about how to set up remote storage and a delivery profile for it here: Can kaltura support other third party remote storage

Hope this will help you get started. If you have any follow up questions, feel free to post them.

Thanks,