Year 2021 analytics problem

We have two Kaltura system.
One system is an all-in-one server, the Kaltrua 16.5.0.
Another system is a cluster, the Kaltura 14.18.0.

Since January 1, 2021, analytics (kaltura-dwh) had stopped working on either system.
Bandwidth usage was updated, but playback count was not.

At first, we examined tables in “kalturadw” database.
In “dwh_fact_plays” and “dwh_fact_bandwidth_usage” tables, new records were inserted according to statistics data.
But, event data was not insert into “dwh_fact_events” table.
So that, playback counts of each media entry was not updated even if “dwh_plays_views_sync.sh” was executed.

Next, we examined KTR files in “/opt/kaltura/dwh/etlsource” directory, and modified the following files:

/opt/kaltura/dwh/etlsource//events/process/process_file.ktr
/opt/kaltura/dwh/etlsource/fms_streaming/process/load_fms_events.ktr

After the file changes, playback counts of each media is updated normally.
I show you how to solve this problem in the Kaltura 16.5.0 (kaltura-dwh-15.1.0-1).

# diff /opt/kaltura/dwh/etlsource/events/process/process_file.ktr.org /opt/kaltura/dwh/etlsource/events/process/process_file.ktr.new
4768c4768
< else if ( year(eventTime)&gt;2020 ) &#47;&#47; validate event time is less than 2020
---
> &#47;*else if ( year(eventTime)&gt;2020 ) &#47;&#47; validate event time is less than 2020
4775c4775
< }
---
> }*&#47;

# diff /opt/kaltura/dwh/etlsource/fms_streaming/process/load_fms_events.ktr.org /opt/kaltura/dwh/etlsource/fms_streaming/process/load_fms_events.ktr.new
3111c3111
< else if ( year(event_time)&gt;2020 ) &#47;&#47; validate event time is less than 2020
---
> &#47;*else if ( year(event_time)&gt;2020 ) &#47;&#47; validate event time is less than 2020
3118c3118
< }
---
> }*&#47;

Hi @t-saito,

Thank you for your report. I will fix this for the next release.

Cheers,

Interesting. Thanks for posting! I wonder if this is the same issue I just posted about.

Thank you for posting dear.