Unserialization error

Hi all,

I was doing some reconfiguration of our production cluster and started getting this error in apache_errors after I ran base_config and front config

==> /opt/kaltura/log/kaltura_apache_errors.log <==
[Thu Jan 09 23:01:09 2020] [error] [client 10.4.16.32] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception ‘Exception’ with message ‘Error getting sources from server. Please try again.\nfailed to unserialize server result\nREMOTE_ADDR header invalid signature’ in /opt/kaltura/web/html5/html5lib/v2.73.2/modules/KalturaSupport/Client/KalturaClientHelper.php:65\nStack trace:\n#0 /opt/kaltura/web/html5/html5lib/v2.73.2/modules/KalturaSupport/Client/KalturaClientHelper.php(53): KalturaClientHelper->generateKS(’_103’)\n#1 /opt/kaltura/web/html5/html5lib/v2.73.2/modules/KalturaSupport/Client/KalturaClientHelper.php(16): KalturaClientHelper->getClient()\n#2 /opt/kaltura/web/html5/html5lib/v2.73.2/modules/KalturaSupport/KalturaCommon.php(124): KalturaClientHelper->__construct(Array)\n#3 /opt/kaltura/web/html5/html5lib/v2.73.2/includes/Pimple.php(122): {closure}(Object(Pimple))\n#4 /opt/kaltura/web/html5/html5lib/v2.73.2/includes/Pimple.php(83): {closure}(Object(Pimple))\n#5 /opt/kaltura/web/html5/html5lib/v2.73.2/modules/KalturaSupport/kalturaIframeClass.php(29): Pimple->offsetGet(‘client_helper’)\n#6 /opt/kaltur in /opt/kaltura/web/html5/html5lib/v2.73.2/modules/KalturaSupport/Client/KalturaClientHelper.php on line 65, referer: https://hdrtv.intranet.hdr/watch.aspx?id=0_fwibjre1

I found some forum posts about mismatched salts, but I don’t think that’s it. I’m not sure where to go from here and if someone could help I would appreciate it.

thanks --dave

As usual… I post then I find an answer. I think I have some caches on the front end that need to be flushed.

Hey all,

So I don’t know that this is actually a cache issue, although something foul is going on. For only some entries, I get a 500 server error from the html5 library.

But it’s only for some entries, not all. However, if I keep trying to load the player it does load, sometimes. This is terribly odd. I’m not sure if my browser is involved here or what, as I can get it to work, sometimes, by hitting control+refresh.

This is regularly logged in the apache errors log when an embed fails to load, though.

[Fri Jan 10 09:15:40 2020] [error] [client 10.4.16.32] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'Error getting sources from server. Please try again.\nfailed to unserialize server result\nREMOTE_ADDR header invalid signature' in /opt/kaltura/web/html5/html5lib/v2.73.2/modules/KalturaSupport/Client/KalturaClientHelper.php:65\nStack trace:\n#0 /opt/kaltura/web/html5/html5lib/v2.73.2/modules/KalturaSupport/Client/KalturaClientHelper.php(53): KalturaClientHelper->generateKS('_103')\n#1 /opt/kaltura/web/html5/html5lib/v2.73.2/modules/KalturaSupport/Client/KalturaClientHelper.php(16): KalturaClientHelper->getClient()\n#2 /opt/kaltura/web/html5/html5lib/v2.73.2/modules/KalturaSupport/KalturaCommon.php(124): KalturaClientHelper->__construct(Array)\n#3 /opt/kaltura/web/html5/html5lib/v2.73.2/includes/Pimple.php(122): {closure}(Object(Pimple))\n#4 /opt/kaltura/web/html5/html5lib/v2.73.2/includes/Pimple.php(83): {closure}(Object(Pimple))\n#5 /opt/kaltura/web/html5/html5lib/v2.73.2/modules/KalturaSupport/kalturaIframeClass.php(29): Pimple->offsetGet('client_helper')\n#6 /opt/kaltur in /opt/kaltura/web/html5/html5lib/v2.73.2/modules/KalturaSupport/Client/KalturaClientHelper.php on line 65, referer: https://hdrtv.intranet.hdr/watch.aspx?id=0_79vruywp

Hi Dave,

Is the value for remote_addr_header_salt and settings.remoteAddrHeaderSalt identical on all nodes? These directives are set in /opt/kaltura/app/configurations/local.ini and /opt/kaltura/app/configurations/admin.ini and need to match across all cluster members.

Hey @jess

Thanks for the reply! Much appreciated.

Yes, I do see that these values are the same on both front end servers I have in my cluster.

I’ve starting trying to compare headers and such between successful loading of the html5 library and unsuccessful loads. From the client point of view and also from apache’s point of view using mod_log_forensic. I haven’t found anything yet.

It seems to happen regardless of which front end ends up getting the request. It will fail on one front end, then succeed on that same front end. I need to verify this again, though.

Where do you suggest I direct my attention next?

For your information, my cluster is not Internet facing, behind a f5 load balancer.

The load balancer is is setting these headers:
X-Forwarded-Proto:https
X-Forwarded-For:

Alright, well, after all this consternation I think the problem here was my browser cache. I disabled it and the videos that would intermittently not work, work all the time now.