Universal Player / Not playing video - logo just spins

Hello everyone,

I have a fresh install of Kaltura Community Edition on Centos 7. After several attempts…I have the server running properly with SSL.

After running the sanity script…all is well.

1. I upload a short :11 MP4

2. I can see my entry in the content tab.

3. I click on the video to make some adjustments to the meta data.

4. When I try to preview with the Universal Player (Upper left of the screen) the video will not
    play. All I get is the spinning Kaltura logo.

5. If I look at the other “Flavors” I have no issues playing the video. For example, HD/1080 - WEB (H264/4000) plays without issue.

6. I read that I needed to create a new PLAYER as the default was a legacy FLASH player. When I attempted to do that…I get the same results. Spinning logo and no playing video. I couldn’t see any setting for changing the player from FLASH to something else…if that even is the problem.

I’m so close to FINALLY being able to use this platform after several attempts at getting the install to work properly.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

The only errors I am seeing in kaltlog are:

PHP Warning: fread(): Length parameter must be greater than 0 in /opt/kaltura/app/infra/storage/kFileBase.php on line 297

Uncaught KalturaClientException: Failed connect to MYDOMAIN.com:80; Connection refused in /opt/kaltura/app/batch/client/KalturaClientBase.php:362
Stack trace:
#0 /opt/kaltura/app/batch/client/KalturaClient.php(1089): KalturaClientBase->doQueue()

I am not sure if these errors are related. I have confirmed that port 80 is definately open on my firewall.

Any idea’s on what could be happening?

Thanks

Nobody else is experiencing this issue? I’m really surprised because I followed everything that was in the docs.

That’s what makes us so difficult to understand. If everyone is following the same docs…using CentOS 7 why am I the only one with this particular issue?

@santonivich

so your problem is with only mp4 medias?

if you look at the dev tools for console/network

what kind of errors do you see there?