Standalone 16.04 install failing

The installation on 16.04 is currently failing with the following.
Any pointers would be great.

Kind regards,
Ian.

Successfully dropped kaltura databases and users
CREATE USER kaltura;
CREATE USER etl@’%’;
CREATE DATABASE kaltura;
CREATE DATABASE kaltura_sphinx_log;
CREATE DATABASE kalturadw;
CREATE DATABASE kalturadw_ds;
CREATE DATABASE kalturadw_bisources;
CREATE DATABASE kalturalog;
Checking connectivity to needed daemons…
Connectivity test passed:)
Cleaning cache…
Populating DB with data… please wait…
Output for /opt/kaltura/app/deployment/base/scripts/installPlugins.php being logged into /opt/kaltura/log/installPlugins.log
Output for /opt/kaltura/app/deployment/base/scripts/insertDefaults.php being logged into /opt/kaltura/log/insertDefaults.log
Output for /opt/kaltura/app/deployment/base/scripts/insertPermissions.php being logged into /opt/kaltura/log/insertPermissions.log
Output for /opt/kaltura/app/deployment/base/scripts/insertContent.php being logged into /opt/kaltura/log/insertContent.log

kaltura-db.postinst FAILED with: 2545 on line 245

Archving logs to /opt/kaltura/log/log_14_04_20_15_09.tar.gz…

PHP Warning: require_once(/opt/kaltura/app/tests/lib/KalturaClient.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /opt/kaltura/app/tests/standAloneClient/exec.php on line 263
PHP Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required ‘/opt/kaltura/app/tests/lib/KalturaClient.php’ (include_path=’.:/usr/share/php’) in /opt/kaltura/app/tests/standAloneClient/exec.php on line 263

Hello @Hudson,

This means that the client generation script, which runs as part of the kaltura-base postinst script failed to generate the needed clients.
This happens here: https://github.com/kaltura/platform-install-packages/blob/Propus-16.0.0/deb/kaltura-base/debian/postinst#L53

I suggest you run:

# dpkg-reconfigure kaltura-base

Then, ensure that the clients were created under /opt/kaltura/app/tests/lib and /opt/kaltura/apps/clientlibs/. If they were, you can continue to redeploy the DB. You can do that with:

# apt purge kaltura-db
# apt install kaltura-db

If the files aren’t there, you need to understand why it fails. You can start by running

# php /opt/kaltura/app/generator/generate.php

manually and inspecting the output. If you see an error, post it here and I will assist you further.

Cheers.

Thanks for your help. I now see this in the installation log. I am guessing it is another fail.

Cheers,
Ian.

electing previously unselected package kaltura-elasticsearch.
(Reading database … 281467 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack …/kaltura-elasticsearch_1.0.0-1+b9_all.deb …
Unpacking kaltura-elasticsearch (1.0.0-1+b9) …
Processing triggers for systemd (229-4ubuntu21.27) …
Processing triggers for ureadahead (0.100.0-19) …
Setting up kaltura-elasticsearch (1.0.0-1+b9) …
-> Downloading analysis-icu from elastic
[=================================================] 100%
-> Installed analysis-icu
Waiting for the ElasticSearch daemon to start…
We’ve waited a minute and the ES daemon is still unreachable, we’re giving up:(
Processing triggers for systemd (229-4ubuntu21.27) …
Processing triggers for ureadahead (0.100.0-19) …
sed: can’t read /configurations/base.ini: No such file or directory

Hi @Hudson,

That one is because in install_kaltura_all_in_1.sh:

sed -i 's@\(exec_elastic\s*=\s*\)false@\1true@' $APP_DIR/configurations/base.ini 

But APP_DIR is not defined. I fixed this by adding:

. /etc/profile.d/kaltura-base.sh

Right before the sed command.
That, however is a very minor issue. The bigger issue is that the ES daemon failed to start so you need to understand why that is. See https://github.com/kaltura/platform-install-packages/issues/659#issuecomment-572082151

As stated in the issue:

ES is actually only utilised by the esearch service (https://developer.kaltura.com/api-docs/service/eSearch) and, at present time, KMC and KMCng’s code do not make use of it so it isn’t a critical component for Kaltura CE.

Cheers.