Rule Based Playlist using metadata from entry?

I need to create a rule based Playlist dynamically based on the entry category. Is this possible.

I currently have one player and several categories. We want to show related content at the end of the video but those related videos must be of the same category of the entry. Is it possible to create this playlist using any proxyMedia data like {mediaProxy.entry.categories} to create it on the fly?

Are there better ways to do this?

Regards,

Felipe Borrero
Operations Director
Calipso Comunicaciones S.A.

Hello @felipe.borrero,

Perhaps I am missing something here but why not place all these sub categories under the same parent category and then create a rule-based playlist that fetches entries associated with said parent category?

Hi Jess

We do have a Parent category. We have a 3 level category system but we need to create a dynamic playlist for the third level category based on the entry category.

The problem here is that we have just one player which is used to reproduce all videos. I guess I’ll need to develop a script that build those playlist dynamicaly and load the playlist using the Player API passing {mediaProxy.entry.categories} as a parameter to the script.

I was looking also to a different approach, using the related media option at the player. But I need to know what are the rules to grab related media from the content. I tried using the same category name as a TAG but Kaltura returned some other videos. If there is a way of knowing how Kaltura create the “Related” file list, that will be very helpful.

Regards

Felipe Borrero
Operations Director
Calipso Comunicaciones S.A.