referenceId problem

Hi All,
i want know something I am using java API and creating a mediaEntry, using it while I am setting mediaEntry.referenceId=“1” it’s throwing an error like this:

The property “KalturaMediaEntry::referenceId” must have a min length of 2 characters

is it possible referenceId length<2??

Hi @pokhriyal,

Not without changing the code, which I’d advise against.
That validation is done here:

If you look at /opt/kaltura/log/kaltura_api_v3.log after making the media->update() request, you’ll see the full stack trace:

[API] [KalturaFrontController->getExceptionObject] ERR: exception 'KalturaAPIException' with message 'The property "KalturaMediaEntry::referenceId" must have a min length of 2 characters' in /opt/kaltura/app/api_v3/lib/types/KalturaObject.php:616
Stack trace:
#0 /opt/kaltura/app/api_v3/lib/types/entry/KalturaBaseEntry.php(696): KalturaObject->validatePropertyMinLength('referenceId', 2, true)
#1 /opt/kaltura/app/api_v3/lib/types/KalturaObject.php(551): KalturaBaseEntry->validateForUpdate(Object(entry), Array)
#2 /opt/kaltura/app/api_v3/lib/KalturaEntryService.php(1612): KalturaObject->toUpdatableObject(Object(entry))
#3 /opt/kaltura/app/api_v3/services/MediaService.php(762): KalturaEntryService->updateEntry('0_3c2gvlbd', Object(KalturaMediaEntry), 1)
#4 [internal function]: MediaService->updateAction('0_3c2gvlbd', Object(KalturaMediaEntry))
#5 /opt/kaltura/app/api_v3/lib/reflection/KalturaActionReflector.php(233): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#6 /opt/kaltura/app/api_v3/lib/KalturaDispatcher.php(130): KalturaActionReflector->invoke(Array)
#7 /opt/kaltura/app/api_v3/lib/KalturaFrontController.php(113): KalturaDispatcher->dispatch('media', 'update', Array)
#8 /opt/kaltura/app/api_v3/web/index.php(31): KalturaFrontController->run()
#9 {main}