Problems after update to Release 11.21.0

Hi!
After update to release 11.21.0, the kaltlog presents the following messege:

==> /opt/kaltura/log/kaltura_apache_errors.log <==
[Thu Aug 11 05:35:15 2016] [error] [client 92.244.214.67] File does not exist: /opt/kaltura/app/alpha/web/downloader

At the end of config process I received the following problem:

Would you like to configure Nginx with SSL?[Y/n]n
Starting nginx: nginx: [emerg] invalid number of arguments in “ssl_certificate” directive in /etc/nginx/conf.d/ssl.conf:7
[FAILED]
ERROR: /opt/kaltura/bin/kaltura-nginx-config.sh failed:( You can re-run it when the issue is fixed.

What is missing?

Tks!

Hello,

Firstly, please note that 11.21.0 is the nightly version and not the stable one. It is still OK to use but you need to be aware of it. The stable version is 11.20.0.

As for your issue, what do you see in line 7 of /etc/nginx/conf.d/ssl.conf?

Ok, tks for advice about version. I’ll try to use this nightly version for helping the development presently possibility issues. If I can’t use in production, I’ll make a downgrading…

This is my /etc/nginx/conf.d/ssl.conf:

HTTPS server

server {
listen 8443 ssl;
server_name Artsystem;

ssl_certificate      ;
ssl_certificate_key  ;
ssl_session_cache shared:SSL:1m;
ssl_session_timeout  5m;
ssl_ciphers  HIGH:!aNULL:!MD5;
ssl_prefer_server_ciphers   on;
include /etc/nginx/conf.d/kaltura.conf;

}

Right, so your problem is here:

You opted for SSL but did not provide an SSL cert and key.
You can manually edit the file and add them or else you can rerun the config script.
On a deb based system:
# dpkg-reconfigure kaltura-nginx
or RPM:
# /opt/kaltura/bin/kaltura-nginx-config.sh

Tks! I fixed nginx config file…

But the kaltlog error continue…

[root@Artsystem ~]# kaltlog
==> /opt/kaltura/log/kaltura_apache_errors.log <==
[Thu Aug 11 05:35:15 2016] [error] [client 92.244.214.67] File does not exist: / opt/kaltura/app/alpha/web/downloader
[Thu Aug 11 07:57:26 2016] [error] [client 213.6.151.214] client sent HTTP/1.1 r equest without hostname (see RFC2616 section 14.23): /w00tw00t.at.ISC.SANS.DFind :slight_smile:
[Thu Aug 11 09:48:10 2016] [error] [client 188.0.236.126] File does not exist: / opt/kaltura/app/alpha/web/HNAP1, referer: http://192.99.19.65/

Hi,

These errors just mean someone asked for none existing files, i.e: $YOUR_DOMAIN/downloader and $YOUR_DOMAIN/HNAP1, none of which are part of the Kaltura installation. Do not know who is making these requests, you can see in the log the client’s IP is 92.244.214.67 and 188.0.236.124. You can probably try to investigate what these IPs are but it’s nothing that disturbs the Kaltura operation, simply creates HTTP 404 entries in the Apache access log.

You´re right! I fixed everything! Tks for your help!!!

Most welcome:) Glad you’re good.