PHP Fatal Error Uncaught Exception

After migrating from one host to another I am unable to playback videos and I am getting errors saying my connection is refused. However, I do not see any such errors in the logs I have reviewed.

--
2017-07-25 05:47:44 [0.080852] [467819254] [8] [BATCH] [KalturaClientBase->doQueue] NOTICE: result (serialized):
2017-07-25 05:47:44 [0.000114] [467819254] [9] [BATCH] [KScheduleHelper->run] ERR: exception 'Exception' with message 'System is not yet read                                                                                                                                                                                           y - ping failed' in /opt/kaltura/app/infra/log/KalturaLog.php:83
Stack trace:
#0 /opt/kaltura/app/batch/batches/KScheduleHelper.class.php(42): KalturaLog::err('System is not y...')
--
  thrown in /opt/kaltura/app/batch/client/KalturaClientBase.php on line 401
PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught exception 'KalturaClientException' with message 'failed to unserialize server result
' in /opt/kaltura/app/batch/client/KalturaClientBase.php:401
Stack trace:
#0 /opt/kaltura/app/batch/client/KalturaClient.php(1380): KalturaClientBase->doQueue()
--
  thrown in /opt/kaltura/app/batch/client/KalturaClientBase.php on line 362
PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught exception 'KalturaClientException' with message 'Failed connect to cdn.mydomain.com:443; Connection refused'                                                                                                                                                                                            in /opt/kaltura/app/batch/client/KalturaClientBase.php:362
Stack trace:
#0 /opt/kaltura/app/batch/client/KalturaClient.php(1380): KalturaClientBase->doQueue()
--
PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught exception 'KalturaClientException' with message 'failed to unserialize server result
Stack trace:
--
Stack trace:
#0 /opt/kaltura/app/batch/client/KalturaPlugins/KalturaContentDistributionClientPlugin.php(2791): KalturaClientBase->doQueue()
--
PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught exception 'KalturaClientException' with message 'Failed connect to cdn.mydomain.com:443; Connection refused'                                                                                                                                                                                            in /opt/kaltura/app/batch/client/KalturaClientBase.php:362
Stack trace:
#0 /opt/kaltura/app/batch/client/KalturaPlugins/KalturaContentDistributionClientPlugin.php(2791): KalturaClientBase->doQueue()
--
Stack trace:
--
Stack trace:
#0 /opt/kaltura/app/batch/client/KalturaClient.php(2315): KalturaClientBase->doQueue()
--
  thrown in /opt/kaltura/app/batch/client/KalturaClientBase.php on line 362
Stack trace:
#0 /opt/kaltura/app/batch/client/KalturaClient.php(2315): KalturaClientBase->doQueue()
--
Stack trace:
--
==> /opt/kaltura/log/batch/validatelivemediaservers-0-2017-07-25.err.log <==
Stack trace:
--
2017-07-25 05:48:00 [0.062508] [950791793] [8] [BATCH] [KalturaClientBase->doQueue] NOTICE: result (serialized):
2017-07-25 05:48:00 [0.000108] [950791793] [9] [BATCH] [KScheduleHelper->run] ERR: exception 'Exception' with message 'System is not yet read               y - ping failed' in /opt/kaltura/app/infra/log/KalturaLog.php:83
Stack trace:
#0 /opt/kaltura/app/batch/batches/KScheduleHelper.class.php(42): KalturaLog::err('System is not y...')
--
==> /opt/kaltura/log/batch/dbcleanup-0-2017-07-25.err.log <==
Stack trace:
#0 /opt/kaltura/app/batch/client/KalturaClient.php(1070): KalturaClientBase->doQueue()
--
==> /opt/kaltura/log/batch/jobsuspender-0-2017-07-25.err.log <==
Stack trace:
#0 /opt/kaltura/app/batch/client/KalturaClient.php(1294): KalturaClientBase->doQueue()
--
==> /opt/kaltura/log/batch/partnerloadcleanup-0-2017-07-25.err.log <==
Stack trace:
--
2017-07-25 05:48:16 [0.075911] [328697628] [8] [BATCH] [KalturaClientBase->doQueue] NOTICE: result (serialized):
2017-07-25 05:48:16 [0.000110] [328697628] [9] [BATCH] [KScheduleHelper->run] ERR: exception 'Exception' with message 'System is not yet read               y - ping failed' in /opt/kaltura/app/infra/log/KalturaLog.php:83

I have to assume that issue causing my connection to be refused the primary cause of the videos not playing back in the player giving me a media not found in KMC or an endless spinner.

Hi @hiphopservers,

The issue shown in your log output is that the batch daemon cannot connect to cdn.mydomain.com:443 which is what you’ve defined as the serviceUrl in /opt/kaltura/app/configurations/batch/batch.ini.

PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception ‘KalturaClientException’ with message ‘Failed connect to cdn.mydomain.com:443; Connection refused’ in /opt/kaltura/app/batch/client/KalturaClientBase.php:362

This of course needs to be fixed since w/o the batch running, multiple tasks will fail, including transcoding.
However, this has nothing to do with the playback of already transcoded entries. For that, open your browser’s dev tools and look for failing requests under the “Network” tab and for errors in the “Console” tab and let’s see what the problem is.

This information appears correct and the URL defined is reachable from all my browsers.

statusInterval                                      = 300
serviceUrl                                          = https://cdn.hiphopservers.com
remoteServerUrl                                     = @BATCH_URL@
partnerId                                           = -1

As for the video playback as I mention the system is saying that media is not found. So I am thinking whatever is causing the system to return the error connection refused is the same issue causing the media not to load. I check permissions of the folder but that does not appear to be the issue.

Hi @hiphopservers,

Is https://cdn.hiphopservers.com reachable from within the server as well? it needs to be because the server side code makes API requests to the endpoint defined in the serviceUrl directive.

What about failing requests and errors in the console tab when hitting play? please paste all failing requests and errors here.
Also, the root cause for the playback errors should be logged in /opt/kaltura/log/kaltura_apache_errors.log, /opt/kaltura/log/kaltura_api_v3.log and /opt/kaltura/log/kaltura_prod.log. Please review them carefully, I’m sure we’ll find it.

Hello @jess

I reviewed the

/opt/kaltura/app/configurations/batch/batch.ini 

then changed

;clientConfig.verifySSL                              = 0

to

clientConfig.verifySSL                              = 0

This resolved the issue. Which makes this issue related to my comments in the other thread.