PathKalturaPlayer issues with setup and Entry ID

Hi All- I’m a JS dev new to Kaltura, and trying to figure out working with the PathKalturaPlayer for interactive video. I think I’ve got my setup right, but it gives me an ‘invalid entry ID’ for an ID that I do not recognize as either of the parts of the video (it’s a simple test with only two nodes). I cannot seem to find any documentation specific to the PathKalturaPlayer and working with interactive, everything is for the plain KalturaPlayer . Can anyone point me the right direction?

Setup if it helps:
try {
var kip = PathKalturaPlayer.setup({
targetId: “video-test”,
provider: {
partnerId: 2611462,
uiConfId:44647212
},
playback: {
autoplay: true
}
});
kip.loadMedia({playlistId: ‘0_htn7g0b0’});
kip.addListener(“cue:forward”, function(event) {console.log(‘CUE FWD’)});

} catch (e) {
  console.error(e.message)
}

Hello @erin_kerrigan,

Here is a fully functional embed code example for the RAPT/PATH entry in question:

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">
<head>
    <meta charset="UTF-8">
    <title></title>
</head>
<body>
<script type="text/javascript" src="https://cdnapisec.kaltura.com/p/2611462/embedPlaykitJs/uiconf_id/44647212"></script>
<div id="kplayer" style="position: absolute;
    left: 0;
    top: 0;
    width: 100%;
    height: 100%;" class="playerv3">
</div>
<script type="text/javascript">
    try {
        var config = {
            "targetId": "kplayer",
            "playback": {
                "autoplay": true,
            },
            "provider": {
                "partnerId": "2611462",
                "uiConfId": "44647212",
		//"ks": ""
            }
        };
        var kalturaPlayer = PathKalturaPlayer.setup(config);
        kalturaPlayer.loadMedia({
            playlistId: "0_htn7g0b0"
        });
    } catch (e) {
        console.error(e.message)
    }
</script>
</body>
</html>

RAPT/PATH projects are implemented as playlists. If you load the above and look under the Console tab in your browser’s dev tools, you will see:

[MultiRequestResult] Service returned an error with error code: INVALID_ENTRY_ID and message: Invalid entry id [“0_5ml35bb7”]. [44647212 line 438 > eval:14:80005](https://cdnapisec.kaltura.com/p/2611462/embedPlaykitJs/uiconf_id/44647212 line 438 > eval)

[MultiRequestResult] Service returned an error with error code: ENTRY_ID_NOT_FOUND and message: Entry id “” not found.

Entry ID 0_5ml35bb7 is indeed one of the entries included in the playlist, as you can see by calling playlist.get("0_htn7g0b0")

playlistContent 0_3ib8bo15,0_5ml35bb7

If you then call categoryentry.list() with KalturaCategoryEntryFilter.entryIdIn="0_3ib8bo15,0_5ml35bb7", you will see that these are associated with a category for which entry entitlement is enabled and so, you must either include a suitable KS in your embed code (see the commented ks param in the code above, or associate these entries with a category for which content entitlement is not enabled.

For more info about the content entitlement mechanism, see https://developer.kaltura.com/api-docs/Secure_Control_and_Govern/Content-Categories-Management.html

Cheers,

Thanks, Jess! Could you clarify what you mean by ‘a category for which content entitlement is not enabled.’? I see the entitlements tab active on all of the pre-set categories, as well as on new ones I create. Some categories have very open entitlements, such as the PathNodes category (that one certainly sounds like the right choice), but that doesn’t seem to do the trick. Neither does removing all categories. Thanks, Erin