LDAP- SSO - ADFS Features in Kaltura Community

Hi All,

Does Kaltura Community version support LDAP ( Active Directory ) , SSO , AD FS ?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,
Amir

Hi Amir,

Kaltura has multiple products and modules under its umbrella so the answer is a bit more complex than just yes or no:)

The Kaltura Admin Console [for managing partner and system configurations] does not support LDAP or any means of SSO, the current Kaltura Management Console [KMC] does not support it either but a KMC Next Generation is in the works and we plan to support SSO as means to auth there.
That said, since all Kaltura web interfaces use our server API to achieve their operations, you can implement your own LDAP and SSO mechanisms and then implement any web interface you’d like behind it, allowing users to perform any operation you see fit. This will require development on your end, of course. A good resource for that is developer.kaltura.com.

The Kaltura MediaSpace [KMS], which is the frontend video portal [you can see videos.kaltura.com for a showcase example of what it looks like], DOES support LDAP for both authentication and authorization, as well as SSO protocols such as SAML. Note however, that KMS is not FOSS and costs money.

Hope this helps,

1 Like

Hi Jess,

First of all thank you so much for your reply :slight_smile:
I have two notes.

1- Could you please tell me the approximate time of releasing the new version of Kaltura Community with SSO and LDAP features and do you have plan for adding LDAP and SSO features in both sides, I mean user and admin interfaces ?

2- So we do not have SSO and LDAP protocols in Kaltura CE 12.0.0 and those features are available in Kaltura commercial version. Am I right ?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,
Amir

Hello Amir,

RE #1 - I cannot commit to a date, I’m, afraid. This dev work just started. Also, like I said, this does not include Admin Console, only KMC, which is currently being rewritten so it will no longer depend on Flash.

RE #2 - Kaltura MediaSpace does support LDAP and SSO but that will not work over CE, you need to use our SaaS, where you will get access to KMC just like in CE but will able to also purchase Kaltura MediaSpace and auth with LDAP and SSO.

For more info on that, feel free to contact our sales team.

1 Like

Hi Jess,

Thank you so much, I understand it now.
I will contact to your sales team to get more information about Kaltura MediaSpace.

Have a good weekend.

Best Regards,
Amir

the current Kaltura Management Console [KMC] does not support it either but a KMC Next Generation is in the works and we plan to support SSO as means to auth there.

Still no LDAP support in the new KMC(ng) ?