Kaltura nginx ssl issue

When i try to run
sudo ./kaltura-config-all.sh

it fails at

Would you like to configure Nginx with SSL?[Y/n]n
Starting nginx: nginx: [emerg] invalid number of arguments in “ssl_certificate” directive in /etc/nginx/conf.d/ssl.conf:7
[FAILED]

even i selected “No” for ssl

Thanks,

Hi @faheem_mohammad_zike,

kaltura-config-all.sh is a wrapper script that calls different scripts per server role to configure. If the issue is only with Nginx then let’s call /opt/kaltura/bin/kaltura-nginx-config.sh, this will save time and be easier to debug.

I’m guessing at a certain point, you DID opt to configure SSL but did not input paths for the cert and key, thus, you ended up with a bad config in /etc/nginx/conf.d/ssl.conf, causing Nginx’s config parser to fail.

Remove the /etc/nginx/conf.d/ssl.conf completely then re-run /opt/kaltura/bin/kaltura-nginx-config.sh and paste the full output, including your answers. After the “Would you like to configure Nginx with SSL?[Y/n]” prompt, if you input ‘Y’, you should be prompted about the paths to your cert and key, otherwise, that part is skipped and the script continues to generate the config based on the templates, replacing the placeholders with your inputs.

Hi Jess,

Thanks for the help
Yes somehow /etc/nginx/conf.d/ssl.conf was having ssl configurations i just remove all the contents of that file and now kaltura is not using any ssl configurations.
Issue has been resolved.
Thanks for the help