Kaltura desperately needs better community forums

As a fairly new Kaltura customer, this community forum seems to be hardly used. And poorly designed. This could be a valuable resource for your community of users. It would be great to see Kaltura put in some effort to improve this area.

Hello @choachy.

Do you have an actual issue you wish to post? If so, you are welcome to do so.
As to your claim that it is poorly designed, it is powered by Discourse, a very good, reliable and commonly used FOSS forum system (see https://www.discourse.org/).
If you have constructive, actionable feedback, you are welcome to share it. We encourage contributions.

Thank you,

1 Like

I do have multiple Kaltura issues, and will be glad to share.
I was dissuaded by the amount of traffic (18 posts in 30 days), which led me to believe this isn’t an active forum, isn’t promoted, or some other factors. I would love to get some community support; especially when I am not getting movement on submitted support cases. But I also try to do my due diligence and search a topic before posting. When I try varieties of search terms and get zero results, yes, I am going to be doubtful. Discourse can be a great platform, reliable, and commonly used, but if this community is not using it, then the point stands.

More distinct categories may help direct questions/discussions, as well. Thank you for your reply. I will post some questions/discussions and look forward to what the community forum has to offer.

Hello @choachy,

I replied to both your posts.

Discourse can be a great platform, reliable, and commonly used, but if this community is not using it, then the point stands.

Indeed. But you commented on its design, hence my response. I am a developer and am also responsible for the CE packaging and our collaboration with community members in terms of code contributions (I have a fancy title but I don’t feel it’s very important to quote it here:)). As you can see, we do try to answer quickly and be helpful but we cannot force users to post, so I don’t feel the forum should be criticised for the number of daily posts it gets. While I will not forcefully edit your selected subject for this post (not an avid supporter of censorship, myself), I would appreciate it if you changed it.

If there are specific categories that you feel should be added, I’m open to hearing your suggestions.

Cheers,