Kaltura-db-config.sh FAILED with: 255 on line 240

Hi,
I’m trying to install Kaltura CE on Centos 7.
In one server I followed the instructions on github without ssl and was able to finish the installation and have a Kaltura server working, but it can’t work with a Moodle site with SSL support.
So I decided to start a clean install with SSL, I got my certs and placed in /etc/ssl folder.
Then followed the instructions on github for SSL, and everything works until I run /opt/kaltura/bin/kaltura-config-all.sh and select port 443 and ssl protocol for service url. This is the output that I’m receiving:

===================================================
Restarting elasticsearch (via systemctl): [ OK ]
curl: (22) The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found
{“acknowledged”:true,“shards_acknowledged”:true,“index”:“kaltura_entry”}curl: (22) The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found
{“acknowledged”:true,“shards_acknowledged”:true,“index”:“kaltura_category”}curl: (22) The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found
{“acknowledged”:true,“shards_acknowledged”:true,“index”:“kaltura_kuser”}curl: (22) The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found
{“acknowledged”:true,“shards_acknowledged”:true,“index”:“kaltura_search_history”}curl: (22) The requested URL returned error: 405 Method Not Allowed
{
“acknowledged” : true
}
curl: (22) The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found
{“acknowledged”:true,“shards_acknowledged”:true,“index”:“beacon_entry_index_2021_01”}curl: (22) The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found
{“acknowledged”:true,“shards_acknowledged”:true,“index”:“beacon_entry_server_node_index_2021_01”}curl: (22) The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found
{“acknowledged”:true,“shards_acknowledged”:true,“index”:“beacon_scheduled_resource_index_2021_01”}curl: (22) The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found
{“acknowledged”:true,“shards_acknowledged”:true,“index”:“beacon_server_node_index_2021_01”}{“acknowledged”:true}{“acknowledged”:true}{“acknowledged”:true}{“acknowledged”:true}{“acknowledged”:true}{“acknowledged”:true}{“acknowledged”:true}{
“acknowledged” : true
}
Redirecting to /bin/systemctl restart httpd.service
Redirecting to /bin/systemctl restart memcached.service
Stopping kaltura-elastic-populate (via systemctl): [ OK ]
Starting kaltura-elastic-populate (via systemctl): Job for kaltura-elastic-populate.service failed because the control process exited with error code. See “systemctl status kaltura-elastic-populate.service” and “journalctl -xe” for details.
[FAILED]
Redirecting to /bin/systemctl reload httpd.service

Configuring your Kaltura DB…

Checking MySQL version…
Ver 5.5.68-MariaDB found compatible

CREATE USER kaltura;
CREATE USER etl;
CREATE DATABASE kaltura;
CREATE DATABASE kaltura_sphinx_log;
CREATE DATABASE kalturadw;
CREATE DATABASE kalturadw_ds;
CREATE DATABASE kalturadw_bisources;
CREATE DATABASE kalturalog;
Checking connectivity to needed daemons…
Connectivity test passed:)
Cleaning cache…
Populating DB with data… please wait…
Output for /opt/kaltura/app/deployment/base/scripts/installPlugins.php being logged into /opt/kaltura/log/installPlugins.log
Output for /opt/kaltura/app/deployment/base/scripts/insertDefaults.php being logged into /opt/kaltura/log/insertDefaults.log
Output for /opt/kaltura/app/deployment/base/scripts/insertPermissions.php being logged into /opt/kaltura/log/insertPermissions.log
Output for /opt/kaltura/app/deployment/base/scripts/insertContent.php being logged into /opt/kaltura/log/insertContent.log
Generating UI confs…
PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception ‘KalturaClientException’ with message ‘Issuer certificate is invalid.’ in /opt/kaltura/apps/clientlibs/php5/KalturaClientBase.php:362
Stack trace:
#0 /opt/kaltura/apps/clientlibs/php5/KalturaClient.php(7168): KalturaClientBase->doQueue()
#1 /opt/kaltura/html5/html5lib/playkitSources/kaltura-ovp-player/create_playkit_uiconf.php(17): KalturaSessionService->start(‘c9d69b3b1705742…’, NULL, 2, ‘0’)
#2 {main}
thrown in /opt/kaltura/apps/clientlibs/php5/KalturaClientBase.php on line 362

kaltura-db-config.sh FAILED with: 255 on line 240

Archving logs to /opt/kaltura/log/log_21_01_21_23_13.tar.gz…
ERROR: we failed on something else…

=============================================

KalturaClientBase.php on line 362 content is: throw new KalturaClientException($error, KalturaClientException::ERROR_GENERIC);

How can I fix it? Any suggestion?

Hello,

The issue is here:

Did you provide a valid cert and CA? See Issues with SSL installation on RedHat 7.7

You can get a free valid cert from https://letsencrypt.org/

Hi Jess,
I started with a fresh install of CentOS and used Certbot to obtain a valid certificate from Let’sEncrypt.
Tried several times but can’t finish my installation.
I have a virtual server already working without ssl, is there any way to switch this to work with ssl?
Thanks in advance for your help!

Hello @german2209,

Please see https://github.com/kaltura/platform-install-packages/blob/Propus-16.15.0/doc/kaltura-packages-faq.md#changing-apache-configurations-post-install