Issue with postrolls loading in DoubleClick plugin module

Hi all.
We are having issues with VAST ads loading in our site. If we have a VAST with a pre-roll and a postroll (vmap playlist) the postroll preloads after 4 seconds of playing the video causing an endless loading spinner and sometimes hiding the controls (if the ad is an vpaid) while watching the video. When the video ends the postroll shows ok, the problem is the endless spinner. It seems this is the expected behavior just before showing a postroll… but not after just 4 seconds of the video.
(I put breakpoints in the Kaltura DoubleClick module and see that "adsListener( ‘LOADED’, function ( adEvent ) " is executed)

We noticed this issue 10 days ago… but we don’t know since when this is happening (not all of our videos have postrolls).
Reading the IMA SDK documentation I see that with VAST requests it always preload the ads (I don’t know if this is a new behavior) and the postrolls are preloaded after 4 seconds.
https://developers.google.com/interactive-media-ads/docs/sdks/html5/preload

Does anybody experienced this behavior? Any help?
You can see an example in this url https://www.elmundo.es/madrid/2020/04/22/5ea00c00fc6c833d298b4681.html

Thank you!
Javier

Hi @jdelmoral.

Thank you for your response.

Please note that while checking the following site, I was unable to reproduce the issue.
Here are my steps:

1. I entered the site.
  2. Played the video and I was able to see the preroll as expected.
  3. Waited to the video to finish and saw that post roll as well.

Following the above, in no point I encountered any issues with “endless spinner”
can you please further explain the use-case again?

Regardless of the above, I’m not sure if you are aware, but we have launched a new player (kaltura-js-player) which uses the latest Front End technologies, if you are interested, please check our gitHub:

Hi @shalom.meoded.
Thank you very much for your answer!

The use case you made is correct! You should see the issue!
Today ads have changed and the postroll is not an vpaid (in that case the controls of the video player disappear after the first 3 or 4 seconds) but the loading spinner is still showing in the main video (the man speaking) after this 3 or 4 seconds.
The preroll and postroll are showing ok, the problem is with the main video. The postroll is loaded (or preloaded) in second 4 aprox and it affects the main video with the spinner (doubleclick module, adsListener LOADED), but is not showed, the postroll starts correctly when the main video finish.
Can you try again?
If the controls don’t disappear its easy to not find the issue, that’s why we don’t know since we are having this issue!

I don’t know if I explain correctly the problem… I will try to upload a video showing it.

About the kaltura-js-player, thank you, I didn’t know anything about it. I will study it, but for now, we have a lot of integrations in all our sites with the mwEmbed player so we must maintain it. (we have some kind of wrapper lib with different configurations per site and behavior)

Thanks a lot for your interest!