Issue with drop folders

I’ve configured a drop_folder but it content is not ingested. I see the following in kaltlog

==> /opt/kaltura/log/kaltura_apache_errors.log <==
[Wed Feb 06 10:54:26.081582 2019] [:error] [pid 6916] [client 192.168.88.2:48078] PHP Fatal error:
Uncaught Error: Call to a member function lock() on null in /opt/kaltura/app/plugins/drop_folder/lib/kDropFolderAllocator.php:98\nStack trace:\n
#0 /opt/kaltura/app/plugins/drop_folder/lib/kDropFolderAllocator.php(121): kDropFolderAllocator::lockDropFolder(12, 30000)\n
#1 /opt/kaltura/app/plugins/drop_folder/lib/kDropFolderAllocator.php(67): kDropFolderAllocator::allocateDropFolderFromList(Object(kMemcacheCacheWrapper), Array, ‘drop_folder_lis…’, 30000)\n
#2 /opt/kaltura/app/plugins/drop_folder/services/DropFolderService.php(243): kDropFolderAllocator::getDropFolder(’’, 30000)\n
#3 /opt/kaltura/app/api_v3/lib/reflection/KalturaActionReflector.php(233): DropFolderService->getExclusiveDropFolderAction(’
’, 30000)\n
#4 /opt/kaltura/app/api_v3/lib/KalturaDispatcher.php(125): KalturaActionReflector->invoke(Array)\n
#5 /opt/kaltura/app/api_v3/lib/KalturaFrontController.php(113): KalturaDispatcher->dispatch(‘dropfolder_drop…’, ‘getexclusivedro…’, Array)\n
#6 /opt/kaltura/app/api_v3/web/index.php(31): KalturaFrontController- in /opt/kaltura/app/plugins/drop_folder/lib/kDropFolderAllocator.php on line 98

Any clue about where I should start looking?

Fileperms for the folder is as follows
drwsrwsr-x kaltura www-data

Hi @ArneWeise,

You didn’t specify the Kaltura Server version [makes a difference in terms of line numbers] but I’m guessing it fails in /opt/kaltura/app/plugins/drop_folder/lib/kDropFolderAllocator.php:lockDropFolder().
An attempt to call lock() is made and the function is supposed to return it:

$lock->lock(1, $maxTimeForWatch);

However, it appears as though kLock::create(), defined in /opt/kaltura/app/alpha/apps/kaltura/lib/kLock.php, fails and therefore, $lock is null and so, doesn’t not have a member function called lock(), just as the output your posted reads.

I suggest you start by looking at /opt/kaltura/app/alpha/apps/kaltura/lib/kLock.php, if need be, you can add some control prints. Also look at both /opt/kaltura/log/kaltura_api_v3.log and /opt/kaltura/log/kaltura_apache_errors.log and locate the beginning of the flow, then trace downwards till you find the first point of failure.

Version 12.20.0-2, sorry.