Embed MP4 link from Kaltura

Hi Folks,

I’m trying to find a quick way to generate the Kaltura URL that can be used with CMS embeds/video blocks, specifically in WordPress. As the AIO Kaltura plugin doe not work at all with Gutenberg editor, it is not an option.

For example, a URL such as the one below works great (just paste in the URL to the embed or video block and the CMS works as intended, similar to any YouTube, Vimeo, Panopto, or Wistia videos). However, the Kaltura URL is incredibly tedious, particularly when I need to involve other team members to assist, and I can’t seem to find the option to generate it through the Share & Embed options.

https://cdnsecakmi.kaltura.com/p/[partnerID]/sp/[subpartnerID#]/serveFlavor/entryId/[entreid#]/flavorId/[flavorID#]/forceproxy/true/name/[filename].mp4

If I’m not looking in the right area of Kaltura, I’d appreciate the guidance on how I can expedite this URL. We have hundreds of videos to which this issue is relevant.

Hello @chuckac,

The URL you provided will serve the actual MP4 file for a given flavour directly (aka progressive mode). That’s ill advised. You should instead use this:

To make the iframe responsive, you’ll want something like this:

<style>
    .resp-container {
    position: relative;
    overflow: hidden;
    padding-top: %;
}
.resp-iframe {
    position: absolute;
    top: 0;
    left: 0;
    width: 100%;
    height: %; 
    border: 0;
}
</style>
<div class="resp-container">
    <iframe class="resp-iframe" src="https://cdnapisec.kaltura.com/p/2507381/sp/250738100/embedIframeJs/u
iconf_id/44372392/partner_id/2507381?iframeembed=true&playerId=kaltura_player_1612886481&entry_id=1_i1jmzcn3" gesture="media"  allow="encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You can tweak the percentage of the height and padding-top attributes to control the aspect ratio.

This will, by default, serve the content using HLS (DASH is also supported).

The URL you can obtain from KMC->Entry->Preview and Embed. Under Advanced settings, select iframe for Embed Type.