DWH Install Failing at kaltura-dwh-config.sh

Couldn’t get my old analytics DB up and running, figured I would try a new install to start fresh since we don’t currently need old statistics anyway.

Operational DB is on a separate host specified in answer file
DWH Host is specified in an answer file, Centos7 server running Mariadb version 5.5

Running into an issue with the setup script however, after the base config completes successfully I am hitting an error:
kaltura-dwh-config.sh FAILED with: 9917 on line 49

Looking at line 49 in the script it looks like it is running a connection with the DB Super user, password, port and DWH host specified in /etc/kaltura.d/system.ini to check if DWH tables currently exist and back out if they do. Brand new install, so no tables are present.

I have tested connectivity with mysql -u$mysuperuser -p$mysuperuserpass -P$myport -h$mydwhhost and can connect fine. /opt/kaltura/log/generate.php has no errors, and neither does the MariaDB log file.

If anyone has run into this before, I’d appreciate some input.
Thanks in advance!

Hi @siactive ,

I suggest you run the script with bash -x and then, copy the full mysql CLI command and try to run it from the same shell to see what you get.

Based on the results, we can continue to troubleshoot.

Cheers,

Hi @jess ,

Thanks for the suggestion, this is what I am getting:

TABLES=echo "show tables" | mysql -h$myhost -u$superuser -p$superuserpw -P$myport kalturadw 2> /dev/null
++ echo ‘show tables’
++ mysql -h$myhost -u$superuser -p$superuserpw -P$myport kalturadw

• TABLES=

Thought I’d try the debugging with the entire script, seeing the same thing. Correct variables are being passed to the mysql call but still seeing it fail:

• trap ‘my_trap_handler ${LINENO} ${$?}’ ERR
    ++ echo ‘show tables’
    ++ mysql -h$dwhost -u$superuser -p$pass -P$port kalturadw
  • TABLES=
    ++ my_trap_handler 49 14600
    +++ basename ./kaltura-dwh-config.sh
    ++ MYSELF=kaltura-dwh-config.sh
    ++ LASTLINE=49
    ++ LASTERR=14600
    ++ ‘[’ rpm = rpm ‘]’
    +++ rpm -q kaltura-postinst
    ++ POSTINST_VER=kaltura-postinst-1.0.33-109.noarch
    ++ ‘[’ -d /opt/kaltura/log ‘]’
    +++ date +%d_%m_%y_%H_%M
    ++ TAR_PATH=/opt/kaltura/log/log_07_07_21_07_20.tar.gz
    ++ echo -en ’

\033[1;31mkaltura-dwh-config.sh FAILED with: 14600 on line 49\033[m

Archving logs to /opt/kaltura/log/log_07_07_21_07_20.tar.gz…

kaltura-dwh-config.sh FAILED with: 14600 on line 49

Failing at the SQL call, but if run by itself looks like the SQL call is correct and working as normal:

TABLES=echo "show tables" | mysql -u$user -p$pass -P$port -h$host kalturadw 2> /dev/null
if [ -z “$TABLES” ];then
echo -e “${CYAN}Deploying analytics warehouse DB, please be patient as this may take a while…”
else
echo -e “tables detected”
fi

[user@host bin]# test.sh
Deploying analytics warehouse DB, please be patient as this may take a while…