During config, couldn't connect mysql -u kaltura -p

during installing kaltura in a single server, after /opt/kaltura/bin/kaltura-config-all.sh is run, this error happens:

CREATE user kaltura;

Checking connectiity to needed daemons…
ERROR: Coundn’t connect with mysql -ukaltura -pjeXeVCiGzShLgsN -h127.0.0.1 -P3306. Please check your setup and then run /opt/kaltura/bin/kaltura-db-config.sh again.

How can I fix this?

Hi @xwarrior,

More info is needed.
For starters, did the config script succeed at creating the ‘kaltura’ and ‘etl’ MySQL users?
You can check that by running:
# mysql -p$YOUR_ROOT_PASSWD
and then:

mysql> select host, user, password from mysql.user;

Also, which MySQL version are you using?

Hi Jess,
Here is the user information:

mysql> select host, user, password from mysql.user;
±------------------------±--------±------------------------------------------ +
| host | user | password |
| localhost | root | *1FF310A063CD8CAC46A4C75FDA5FA40B8A272D7A |
| izbp118tqzf747jr23jpjbz | root | |
| 127.0.0.1 | root | |
| localhost | | |
| izbp118tqzf747jr23jpjbz | | |
| % | kaltura | *24CCA31C0682D8F34803E4DBD66699DEA336C1E4 |
| % | etl | *24CCA31C0682D8F34803E4DBD66699DEA336C1E4 |
7 rows in set (0.00 sec)

Here is information returned by “mysql -V”

[root@iZbp118tqzf747jr23jpjbZ ~]# mysql -V
mysql Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.1.73, for redhat-linux-gnu (x86_64) using readline 5.1

I have sent an email to you @kaltura, with the detail information about the server and mysql.

If possible, please log into my server, check whether there is other error(let me know the error, and then I can avoid them in the future installation) and then make kaltura work in my server, at least upload video and the uploaded video can playback in media space. it will be quite appreciated.

Hi,

Your problem stemmed from these records:

+-----------+---------+-------------------------------------------+
| host      | user    | password                                  |
+-----------+---------+-------------------------------------------+

| localhost               |         |                                           |
| izbp118tqzf747jr23jpjbz |         |                                           |

That is, records with a hostname and no user and passwd. Because of the way MySQL auth works, having these empty records gets in the way. This is why the instructions recommend running:

# mysql_secure_installation

Among other things, it prompts for:
Remove anonymous users? [Y/n]

Which fixes the problem. Since you originally provided SSH access info, I already ran it for you but removed the info from the post. Please make sure NEVER to post sensitive info publicly.

At any rate, you can now re-run the config scripts, the DB deployment script will recognize a DB already exists [as that part was successfully done], just drop the current DB and it will recreate it.

Hi Jess,
I am running "/opt/kaltura/bin/kaltura-config-all.sh " to re-config, now it is prompted that "
Please select one of the following options [0]:
0. All web interfaces

1. Kaltura Management Console [KMC], Hosted Apps, HTML5 lib and ClipApp
  2. KAC - Kaltura Admin Console
    "
    #0 means including both #1 and #2?

And I am seeing this error below, does it matter?

Stopping memcached: [ OK ]
Starting memcached: [ OK ]
Shutting down monit: [ OK ]
Starting monit: Starting Monit 5.19.0 daemon with http interface at [*]:2812
[ OK ]
sed: -e expression #1, char 39: unterminated s' command sed: -e expression #1, char 19: unterminateds’ command
PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception ‘Exception’ with message ‘Storage Profile [] not found’ in /opt/kaltura/app/alpha/apps/kaltura/lib/storage/kPathManager.php:75
Stack trace:
#0 /opt/kaltura/app/alpha/apps/kaltura/lib/storage/kFileSyncUtils.class.php(965): kPathManager::getFilePathArr(Object(FileSyncKey))
#1 /opt/kaltura/app/alpha/apps/kaltura/lib/storage/kFileSyncUtils.class.php(216): kFileSyncUtils::getLocalFilePathArrForKey(Object(FileSyncKey))
#2 /opt/kaltura/app/alpha/lib/model/uiConf.php(340): kFileSyncUtils::file_put_contents(Object(FileSyncKey), ‘{“version”:"v2…’)
#3 /opt/kaltura/app/alpha/lib/model/uiConf.php(143): uiConf->saveConfFileToDisk(’{“version”:"v2…’, ‘config’, false)
#4 /opt/kaltura/app/deployment/uiconf/deploy_v2.php(356): uiConf->save()
#5 /opt/kaltura/app/deployment/uiconf/deploy_v2.php(181): uiConfDeployment::addUiConfThroughPropel(Object(uiConf))
#6 /opt/kaltura/app/deployment/uiconf/deploy_v2.php(49): uiConfDeployment::deploy(Object(Zend_Config_Ini))
#7 {main}
thrown in /opt/kaltura/app/alpha/apps/kaltura/lib/storage/kPathManager.php on line 75
PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception ‘Exception’ with message ‘Storage Profile [] not found’ in /opt/kaltura/app/alpha/apps/kaltura/lib/storage/kPathManager.php:75
Stack trace:
#0 /opt/kaltura/app/alpha/apps/kaltura/lib/storage/kFileSyncUtils.class.php(965): kPathManager::getFilePathArr(Object(FileSyncKey))
#1 /opt/kaltura/app/alpha/apps/kaltura/lib/storage/kFileSyncUtils.class.php(216): kFileSyncUtils::getLocalFilePathArrForKey(Object(FileSyncKey))
#2 /opt/kaltura/app/alpha/lib/model/uiConf.php(340): kFileSyncUtils::file_put_contents(Object(FileSyncKey), ‘<layout id="def…’)
#3 /opt/kaltura/app/alpha/lib/model/uiConf.php(143): uiConf->saveConfFileToDisk(’<layout id="def…’, NULL, false)
#4 /opt/kaltura/app/deployment/uiconf/deploy_v2.php(356): uiConf->save()
#5 /opt/kaltura/app/deployment/uiconf/deploy_v2.php(181): uiConfDeployment::addUiConfThroughPropel(Object(uiConf))
#6 /opt/kaltura/app/deployment/uiconf/deploy_v2.php(49): uiConfDeployment::deploy(Object(Zend_Config_Ini))
#7 {main}
thrown in /opt/kaltura/app/alpha/apps/kaltura/lib/storage/kPathManager.php on line 75

Running Sphinx config…

And finally, I see this error:

ERROR: could not retreive partner.admin_secret for id -1. It probably means you did not yet run /opt/kaltura/app/kaltura-base-config.sh yet. Please do.
ERROR: /opt/kaltura/bin/kaltura-batch-config.sh failed:( You can re-run it when the issue is fixed.

Hi,

Your problem is due to the half baked DB, as explained in my earlier reply.
Run:
# /opt/kaltura/bin/kaltura-drop-db.sh
and then rerun the config script.

Thanks, Jess, it is working now.
I can login Kaltura administration console, and see the functionality.
I can also login Kaltura management console, but, in every tab, dashboard,content and so on, it is empty, just white screen.

Please see: White Page After login to the KMC
You shouldn’t use the Admin creds provided during the installation to log onto KMC but rather, log in to Admin Console and create a partner/publisher and use that to log in to KMC.

I got it, and created a publisher and login.

firstly see this server error screen(“internal server error occured”, I closed the message box). And then I upload a video, but when I click to edit the information, I can’t close the edit dialog, is there anything wrong?

The issue in last reply has been gone. It seems because I haven’t finished all config steps, and now I see the message “
Setup completed successfully!”.

Now everything is working, thanks a lot!

So with this kaltura server setup, it seems to serve my different customers, I can create new publisher for new customer, and then they have their own management console to manage their videos.

Also I can develop video portal which calls the API which is setup in this single server, to watch the video, or to upload video to their account, and so on.

Is my understanding correct? I need to dig more about this.

Hi Jess,
Can I configure localization language for kaltura management console? now from kmc, I can switch to some languages, but not including Chinese. Thanks in advance.

See my answer here: Kaltura support simplified Chinese?

Hi Jess,
why the studio tab page in kmc is empty?