CE Upgrade from 11.04 to 16.14

Hello,

I have upgraded my CE environment from 11.04 to 16.14, and everything for the most part has gone smoothly. Couple of items that I am seeing issues with:

#1 Cannot launch editor from the KMC, it is greyed out now
#2 Standalone preview Generates an http://xxx.com:443 link instead of https://
#3 Batch process doesn’t seem to be running correctly. Batch nodes are throwing a few php errors in kaltura_batch.log:

==> /opt/kaltura/log/batch/convert-0-2021-06-24.err.log <==
PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Undefined class constant ‘CHUNKED_FFMPEG’ in /opt/kaltura/app/batch/batches/Convert/KAsyncConvert.class.php:105
Stack trace:
#0 /opt/kaltura/app/batch/batches/Convert/KAsyncConvertExe.php(11): KAsyncConvert->run()

==> /opt/kaltura/log/batch/convertthumbassetsgenerator-0-2021-06-24.err.log <==
PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Undefined class constant ‘CHUNKED_FFMPEG’ in /opt/kaltura/app/batch/batches/Convert/KAsyncConvert.class.php:105
Stack trace:
#0 /opt/kaltura/app/batch/batches/Convert/KAsyncConvertExe.php(11): KAsyncConvert->run()

==> /opt/kaltura/log/batch/livetovod-0-2021-06-24.err.log <==
PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Undefined class constant ‘LIVE_TO_VOD’ in /opt/kaltura/app/batch/batches/LiveToVod/KAsyncLiveToVod.class.php:24
Stack trace:
#0 /opt/kaltura/app/batch/batches/KBatchBase.class.php(205): KAsyncLiveToVod::getType()

I’m going to dig into these via the forums and logs on the batch nodes, but if anyone else has run into these issues before I’d appreciate your input!

Hello @siactive ,

With regards to the editor, KEA (Kaltura Editor Application) is not FOSS and can only be used in SaaS/OnPrem context at the moment.
However, you can implement your own editor using the API.

For the standalone preview (aka tiny URL), I recommend that you:
a. Remove the port from the service URL (no need for it if you stick to the well known port assignment, to wit: HTTPs is 443, HTTP is 80)
b. Add a redirect in the Apache config such that it always redirects from HTTP to HTTPs, for example:

RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{HTTPS} off
RewriteRule (.*) https://%{HTTP_HOST}%{REQUEST_URI}

The CHUNKED_FFMPEG constant is defined here /opt/kaltura/app/alpha/lib/enums/conversionEngineType.php. Do you see its definition there? If so, it is likely that something has gone wrong with the client generation process. See Kaltura 13.6 - Service kaltura-batch doesn´t work - #2 by jess

Jess,
Thanks for the info. Regarding the Apache config, should this be done to zzzkaltura.conf?

AS for the batch process, I removed the config lock, reran both the base-config and batch-config with my answer file and it says they completed successfully. However, I am seeing some other errors in the batch log so I am going to try and clear the app cache and run
generate.php manually. Will update after that is finished.

Cleared the app cache, ran the post-inst scripts manually everything came back good. Seeing this in the errors logs of my batch server now:

==> /opt/kaltura/log/batch/dbcleanup-0-2021-06-24.err.log <==
PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught KalturaClientException: failed to unserialize server result
PHP Class map could not be loaded in /opt/kaltura/app/batch/client/KalturaClientBase.php:401
Stack trace:
#0 /opt/kaltura/app/batch/client/KalturaClient.php(1089): KalturaClientBase->doQueue()
--
2021-06-24 10:24:20 [0.009249] [1263358348] [8] [BATCH] [KalturaClientBase->doQueue] NOTICE: server: [kaltura.collierschools.com], session: []
2021-06-24 10:24:20 [0.000087] [1263358348] [9] [BATCH] [KalturaClientBase->doQueue] NOTICE: result (serialized): PHP Class map could not be loaded

==> /opt/kaltura/log/batch/jobsuspender-0-2021-06-24.err.log <==
PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught KalturaClientException: failed to unserialize server result
PHP Class map could not be loaded in /opt/kaltura/app/batch/client/KalturaClientBase.php:401
Stack trace:
#0 /opt/kaltura/app/batch/client/KalturaClient.php(1354): KalturaClientBase->doQueue()
--
2021-06-24 10:24:20 [0.010390] [251220477] [8] [BATCH] [KalturaClientBase->doQueue] NOTICE: server: [kaltura.collierschools.com], session: []
2021-06-24 10:24:20 [0.000090] [251220477] [9] [BATCH] [KalturaClientBase->doQueue] NOTICE: result (serialized): PHP Class map could not be loaded

==> /opt/kaltura/log/batch/partnerloadcleanup-0-2021-06-24.err.log <==
Stack trace:
#0 /opt/kaltura/app/batch/client/KalturaClient.php(1440): KalturaClientBase->doQueue()

Hello @siactive ,

Check the permissions on /opt/kaltura/app/cache.
See Upgrading Kaltura CE from 11.5.0 to 13.0 - #7 by jess

That eliminated the Queue errors, last error I seem to be getting is :

==> /opt/kaltura/log/batch/kschedulehelper-0-2021-06-24.err.log <==
PHP Fatal error: Uncaught KalturaException: Internal server error occurred in /opt/kaltura/app/batch/client/KalturaClientBase.php:912
Stack trace:
#0 /opt/kaltura/app/batch/client/KalturaClient.php(827): KalturaClientBase->throwExceptionIfError(Array)

Thanks so much for your assistance

Couldn’t figure it out, deployed a new batch and web server really quick to test a fresh install, brought the others out of service. Things seem to be functioning properly on the FE and Batch side now.

Pulling out the old batch / web nodes, anything I should worry about cleaning up in the Database?

Thanks for your help!

Hi @siactive ,

You’re welcome.
If you brought the old batch nodes down, you should be fine. You could do a clean up of the scheduler table and remove the old hosts if you’d like, however.

Thanks, I’ll do that.

Currently trying to track down the tinyURL deal, it is now redirecting back to /start/index.php when I put https: in front, but embedded links are playing fine.