'Cannot find [encryption_iv] in config' - when running kaltura-config-front.sh

Hey all,

So I guess I’m still trying to get the bugs out of 14.10. Now, when I run the kaltura-front-config.sh script I get

‘Cannot find [encryption_iv] in config’ as an exception when running /opt/kaltura/app/deployment/uiconf/deploy_v2.php

encryption_iv plainly exists in the local.ini file so I’m kind of at a loss as to what I’m looking for. @jess, do you have any suggestions?

To work around this, I edited the getIv member of /opt/kaltura/app/alpha/lib/model/FileSync.php so that it would return the encryption_iv contained in the local.ini. I did this by just hard-coding the value from the ini file. I didn’t have much other choice here…

Hi @david.hahn1,

The code in alpha/lib/model/FileSync.php fetches the value like so:

public function getIv() {return kConf::get("encryption_iv");}

If the encryption_iv directive exists in /opt/kaltura/app/configurations/local.ini, it should work just fine.
I myself am unable to reproduce your issue. Did you make certain the directive is set in local.ini on all nodes?

You can use this simple snippet to test that the value is in fact returned:

<?php
require_once ('/opt/kaltura/app/alpha/config/kConf.php');
echo kConf::get("encryption_iv") ."\n";

Hey @jess

Thanks for the reply! Greatly appreciated.

After further experimentation I figured out what the problem was. I added a new [] section in the INI file per this thread: MetadataListService - must filter on object iD but I added it into the middle of the INI file. This made everything past my new section unreadable as it was actually part of my new section, if that makes sense. I moved the new section to the end of the INI file with the other sections and my test script you provided started returning the right value.

I think this might be related to some of my other problems, because there would be a large chunk of the INI file that wouldn’t be read the way it was formatted, including internal_ip_range.

Thanks for your help!