Bulk Upload failing (even with default CSV)

I’m trying to use the bulk upload feature and have been unable to even generate a proper log (the log that is associated, not the console log). It merely goes into pending and never finishes the job, the log simply stating: “Log file is not ready yet”. Any ideas why this is happening? At first I thought it was me adding my custom Metadata fields to the CSV so I just tried using the sample CSV and am getting the same issue.

Here is my error log:

2016-07-05 17:11:59 [0.000000] [1044691123] [1] [BATCH] [KSchedulerConfig->load] NOTICE: loading configuration /opt/kaltura/app/configurations/batch at 14652564 27
PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception ‘Zend_Config_Exception’ with message ‘Secti on ‘ip-10-0-0-92’ cannot be found in /opt/kaltura/app/cache//batch/config.ini’ i n /opt/kaltura/app/vendor/ZendFramework/library/Zend/Config/Ini.php:150
Stack trace:
#0 /opt/kaltura/app/batch/scheduler/KSchedulerConfig.class.php(59): Zend_Config_ Ini->__construct(’/opt/kaltura/ap…’, ‘ip-10-0-0-92’, true)

[tmp_name] => /opt/kaltura/web/tmp/phpeAVQiu
        [error] => 0
        [size] => 5408

[tmp_name] => /opt/kaltura/web/tmp/phpeAVQiu
[error] => 0
[size] => 5408

[2016-07-05 17:13:09]exception ‘Exception’ with message ‘Configuration file [/op t/kaltura/app/configurations/sphinx/populate/ip-10-0-0-92.ini] not found.’ in /o pt/kaltura/app/infra/log/KalturaLog.php:83
Stack trace:
#0 /opt/kaltura/app/plugins/sphinx_search/scripts/populateFromLog.php(36): Kaltu raLog::err(‘Configuration f…’)

Here’s what the default CSV is, I’ll try stripping out the #'d out lines, make it simpler but I figured that was omitting those lines.

#,

The CSV should have the following fields for each media clip; separated by comma:,

“# To specify the fields and their order in the CSV file, the first line in the CSV file should start with an ‘*’ (asterisk sign) followed by the list of field names, separated by a commas. Lines with a ‘#’ (hash sign) will not be processed.”,
#,

- Name – mandatory; name of the media,

- Description – optional; description of the media,

- Tag – optional; tags to be added to the media. Multiple tags can be assigned using double quotation marks for the entire field; and commas to separate between tags. For example: “ tag 1; tag 2”,

- URL – mandatory; the URL from which the media is to be pulled. ,

Kaltura supports the following protocols: http; https; ftp. ,

In addition Kaltura supports user:password additions into the URL in the following format:,

protocol://username:password@domain/filepathname,

for example:,

ftp://projects8:741@ftp.kaltura.com/kaltura final 4_CD.wmv ,

- Media Type – mandatory; must be one of the following: video; audio; image.,

- Transcoding Profile ID – optional. Allows the user to specify the transcoding profile that will define the specific transcoding of the file. If left blank; the system will use the default transcoding profile. If the ID does not exist; then the entry will be skipped and an error will be logged.,

- Access Control Profile ID - optional. Allows the user to specify the Access Control Profile for each entry. If left blank; the system will use the default profile. If the ID does not exist; then the entry will be skipped and an error will be logged.,

- Category – optional; if the category specified does not exist in the system; it will be created. ,

Multiple categories can be assigned using double quotation marks for the entire field; and commas to separate between categories. ,

Categories hierarchy can be created using the ‘greater than’ sign. ,

For example “Root Category >Sub Category” ,

- Scheduling Start Date – optional; can be left blank. ,

Date format is based on ISO 8601 using the YYYY-MM-DDThh:mm:ss format where the capital letter T is used to separate the date and time components. ,

Example: 2003-04-01T13:01:02 represents one minute and two seconds after one o’clock in the afternoon of 2003-04-01. For further information please refer to : http://www.iso.org/iso/date_and_time_format#how-it-works,,,,,,,,,,,

- Scheduling End Date - optional; can be left blank. See Start Date for date format.,

- Thumbnail URL – optional; will pull the image from the URL and set it as the entry’s thumbnail. If left blank the system will take a frame from 5 seconds into the video.,

- Partner Data – optional; can be left blank. ,

Arbitrary data that may be relevant for this entry; stored in Partner Data column. This data is not exposed in the KMC; and can currently only be retrieved via API.,

- Custom Data - The CSV format supports populating custom data fields of an entry for a single custom data schema/profile only. (Additional robust support is available when using the bulk upload XML format). Custom data are account specific settings that require enablement of the Custom Data feature and the Custom Data Plugin for the account.,

“# The field name ““metadataProfileId”” should be added to the CSV and populated with the custom data schema ID to be used. The custom data Schema ID can be copied from the Custom Data Schemas page in the KMC.”,
"# A Field Name for each Custom Data field should be added to the CSV with a fixed ““metadataField_”” prefix followed by the field name itself . Example: ““metadataField_MyFieldName””.",
"# Custom data fields with multiple values should be populated into the CSV using a specific delimiter : “”|,|"" to separate each value. For example: ““MyFieldValue1|,|MyFieldValue2"”.”,
#,

Hi,

See my answer here:

both bulk upload and entry conversion jobs are done by the batch daemon, since your batch daemon is currently failing to initialise, both will fail.