After latest upgrade on ubuntu 16.04 Xenial, KMC is broken

I have upgraded kaltura packages with apt-get upgrade and something wrong happened. It looks like the updated version for one of the packages was missed in the xenial repo, because now after login in the KMC (/index.php/kmc/kmc4), I get the following in the browser console:

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) http://<server address>/flash/kmc/v5.43.9/kmc.swf

I checked on server filesystem under /opt/kaltura/web/flash/kmc/and there are only these directories:
doc login uiconf v5.43.6, no v5.43.9. I tried to create a symlink (v5.43.9 pointing to v5.43.6) to trick the system into finding the old kmc.swf, but it fails to load in browser with error “unknown UI config”.

My installed packages are now:

$ dpkg -l | grep kaltura
ii  kaltura-base                        13.9.0-2+b2                                all          Kaltura Open Source Video Platform
ii  kaltura-batch                       13.9.0-1+b1                                all          Kaltura Open Source Video Platform - batch server
ii  kaltura-clipapp                     1.3-1+b2                                   all          Kaltura Video Presentations Manager
ii  kaltura-db                          12.15.0-1+b7                               all          Kaltura Open Source Video Platform - batch server
ii  kaltura-dwh                         12.14.0-1+b2                               amd64        Kaltura Open Source Video Platform - Analytics
ii  kaltura-ffmpeg                      3.2-3                                      amd64
ii  kaltura-ffmpeg-aux                  2.1.3-1                                    amd64
ii  kaltura-flexwrapper                 1.2-1+b1                                   all          Kaltura Video Presentations Manager
ii  kaltura-front                       13.9.0-1+b1                                all          Kaltura Open Source Video Platform - frontend server
ii  kaltura-html5-studio                2.1.0-1                                    all          Kaltura Open Source Video Platform - frontend server
ii  kaltura-html5lib                    2.63.3-1                                   all          Kaltura Open Source Video Platform - HTML5 player
ii  kaltura-kclip                       1.1.2.1-1                                  all          Kaltura Video Presentations Manager
ii  kaltura-kcw                         2.2.4-1+b6                                 all          Kalture Contribution Wizard
ii  kaltura-kdp                         2.7.0-1+b1                                 all          Kaltura Dynamic Player
ii  kaltura-kdp3                        3.9.9-1+b4                                 amd64        Kaltura Dynamic Player
ii  kaltura-kdp3wrapper                 37-1+b3                                    all          KDP3 Wrapper
ii  kaltura-kdpwrapper                  11-1+b2                                    all          KDP Wrapper
ii  kaltura-kmc                         5.43.6-1                                   all          Kaltura Management Console
ii  kaltura-krecord                     1.7-1+b1                                   all          Kaltura kRecord - used for recording from web cam
ii  kaltura-kupload                     1.2.16-1+b2                                all          Kaltura kupload widget
ii  kaltura-nginx                       1.12.2-3+b7                                amd64        Nginx web/proxy server - for Kaltura
ii  kaltura-pentaho                     4.2.1+b2                                   amd64        Pentaho Open Source Data Integration Community Edition (CE).
ii  kaltura-postinst                    1.0.33-3+b6                                all          Kaltura Open Source Video Platform
ii  kaltura-sphinx                      2.2.1-4+b3                                 amd64        Sphinx full-text search server - for Kaltura
ii  kaltura-widgets                     10.9.0-1+b7                                all          Kaltura Open Source Video Platform - widgets meta package

EDIT:
I’ve came up with a barbaric temporary solution. I stole the updated version deb package from the debian repo and installed it with gdebi-core.
I had to run:

# dpkg-reconfigure kaltura-base
# dpkg-reconfigure kaltura-front
# dpkg-reconfigure kaltura-batch

in order to get rid of the “unknown UI config” error.

For other xenial users not to stumble like me, should I address this issue elsewere or you’ll get in touch with the packaging team?

Regards,
Dan

Hi @mediasync,

Thanks for reporting!
Indeed, the new kaltura-kmc and kaltura-html5lib packages were missing from the xenial-13.9.0 repo. I pushed them now.
Since the repo is served from CDN edges, it may take a while for all edges to sync against the origin.

You should now get:

kaltura-html5lib 2.64-1+b1
kaltura-kmc 5.43.9-1

If you do not yet see the new packages after running apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade, please edit /etc/apt/sources.list.d/kaltura.list so that it reads:

deb [arch=amd64] http://installrepo.origin.kaltura.org/repo/apt/xenial mercury main

Then run the following commands again:

# apt-get update
# apt-get dist-upgrade
# dpkg-reconfigure kaltura-base
# dpkg-reconfigure kaltura-front
# dpkg-reconfigure kaltura-batch

Thanks again and please let me know if you see more issues,

both missing packages are now upgradable. I upgraded, ran the reconfigure commands and all is back to normal now.
Thank you once again.

Regards,
Dan