Analytics stopped working - even after following instructions

Hi,

I recently discovered tat analytics had stopped working. Since a couple of weeks ago the graph is flat at zero.

After researching the forum I’ve tried the following.

looked in the apache access log and indeed it shows lines containing &action=collect
Made sure I don’t have any locks select * from kalturadw_ds.locks ;
Made sure files is listed in db select * from kalturadw_ds.files where insert_time >=%Y%m%d;
Made sure data is there select * from kalturadw.dwh_fact_events where event_date_id >=%Y%m%d ;
and then run /opt/kaltura/bin/kaltura-run-dwh.sh

I do see some errors in dwh_plays_views_sync.sh, but I’m not sure whether they are related to this. [global] ERR: exception ‘Exception’ with message ‘Couldn’t find entry [0_ywzxw2on]’ in /opt/kaltura/app/infra/log/KalturaLog.php:83

Still analytics’s in KMC is empty

Kaltura 12.15.0-2
Debian 8.8

Never mind. I see today’s stats now. Reason must simply be that no requests has been made during the previous weeks.

But what about the ‘Couldn’t find entry [0_ywzxw2on]’ in /opt/kaltura/app/infra/log/KalturaLog.php:83 running dwh_plays_views_sync.sh ?

Hello @ArneWeise,

Do get a result when running:

mysql> select id, name, status from entry where id='0_ywzxw2on'; 

Yes,

id name status

0_ywzxw2on RoughCut-2017-03-12 3

The entry has been deleted, and since Kaltura still keeps files on disk, I’ve made a script that, once a day loops through deleted entries and removes the files, in order to save disk space.

Could this affect the dwh_plays_views_sync.sh ?

Hi @ArneWeise,

Yes, if that entry is now deleted, which is seems to be [status is 3] but it had views/plays that went into the DWH DB, you will see the error you’ve posted, it can safely be ignored however.

BTW, from my post Storage limits Kaltura 12.9.0 here:

As for deleting the files from disk:
Under Admin Console->Publishers->your partner->configure, you can set “Purge files on deletion” which would trigger the deletion of files from the disk if the entry has been marked as deleted in the DB [which will happen when calling the delete action].
Bear in mind that this operation cannot be reversed.