VAST not working on IOS, but works on Android and Desktop

Hi @razvan_iacob,

Please provide a sample URL.

Hi Jess,

This is the link.

Hi @razvan_iacob,

I see you’re using an older version of the player [v2.45]. Can you try creating a new player with the latest [v2.51] and see if that works? In addition, since version 2.48, the default playback method is HLS rather than progressive download, which is what your current embed code is using, for video clips longer than just a few seconds, this provides an advantage as HLS allows for adaptive bitrate. Assuming you’re not using external CDNs, HLS is achieved via the kaltura-nginx package which includes the [nginx-vod-module] (https://github.com/kaltura/nginx-vod-module). What CE version are you currently using?

Hi,
I am using CE 11.18 and the player is 2.51, because i have live-nginx configured on the cluster aswell, and the live feature does work, and it didn’t untill I upgrade to 2.51.

Regards,
Jacob R.

Maybe it’s because the player selected from kmc is the old player?

Which is why I’m suggesting you try to use an embed with the latest player:)
The UI conf used in the sample embed you’ve given me loads an older HTML5 player version [2.45] as you can see by opening your browser’s dev tools and going to the “Console” tab.

Hi Jess, and thanks for the quick responses.
Would 2.50 be ok ?

Regards.
Jacob R

Certainly worth a try. If it does not work, please provide a URL with such an embed and I’ll have a look.

http://31.14.40.116/kaltura.html

The problem that i’m having now is that the players that has v2.50 is the widescreen, the kdp ones have version 2.45, but the problem is that i cannot modify any of the players, but i can create new ones. The new ones for some reasons keeps seeing them as version 2.45. How can i create a new player so that it’s loaded with the html5lib 2.50 ?

Edit: I’ve tried modifying the players to load html5lib v2.50 but even after i did that from UI Conf, still when i look in the console the player shows as version 2.45. But if i upload something and try to play it, all the players from the Preview and Embedd are version 2.50, but i cannot edit any of them in the Studio Tab.

Edit2: In Studio tab the players work even if it;s 2.45, but in Content under preview and embed none of the players work, when I select any player, the page stays blank. !!( Ok managed to resolve this ) !!

Regards,
Jacob R

Hi @razvan_iacob,

I’m not sure where you stand now but here are all the places you should set the correct HTML5lib version in:
/opt/kaltura/app/configurations/local.ini

html5_version = v2.50

/opt/kaltura/apps/studio/$YOUR_STUDIO_VERSION/studio.ini

"html5_version":"@HTML5_VER@"
"html5lib":"//@YOUR_HOST@/html5/html5lib/@HTML5_VER@/mwEmbedLoader.php"

/opt/kaltura/web/flash/kmc/$YOUR_KMC_VERSION/config.ini
All directives that include “html5_version” in their name.

Then, you need to call:

php $BASE_DIR/app/deployment/uiconf/deploy_v2.php --ini=$BASE_DIR/apps/studio/$HTML5_STUDIO_VER/studio.ini
php $BASE_DIR/app/deployment/uiconf/deploy_v2.php --ini=$KMC_PATH/config.ini

or, if running on Ubuntu/Debian, the same as above but adding --user=www-data and then also reload Apache.

The install’s post config scripts do all of the for you but if you only upgraded the kaltrua-html5lib package and not the kaltrua-base and kaltura-front packages then you’ll need to do this manually.

Hi Jess,
I’ve already replace that everywhere, but when i ran the php command i get :
php $BASE_DIR/app/deployment/uiconf/deploy_v2.php --ini=$BASE_DIR/apps/studio/$HTML5_STUDIO_VER/studio.ini
PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception ‘Zend_Config_Exception’ with message ‘parse_ini_file(/opt/kaltura/apps/studio//studio.ini): failed to open stream: No such file or directory’ in /opt/kaltura/app/vendor/ZendFramework/library/Zend/Config/Ini.php:184
Stack trace:
#0 /opt/kaltura/app/vendor/ZendFramework/library/Zend/Config/Ini.php(125): Zend_Config_Ini->_loadIniFile(’/opt/kaltura/ap…’)
#1 /opt/kaltura/app/deployment/uiconf/deploy_v2.php(302): Zend_Config_Ini->__construct(’/opt/kaltura/ap…’)
#2 /opt/kaltura/app/deployment/uiconf/deploy_v2.php(33): uiConfDeployment::init(’/opt/kaltura/ap…’)
#3 {main}
thrown in /opt/kaltura/app/vendor/ZendFramework/library/Zend/Config/Ini.php on line 184

and

[root@node1 v5.40.2]# php $BASE_DIR/app/deployment/uiconf/deploy_v2.php --ini=$KMC_PATH/config.ini
PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception ‘Zend_Config_Exception’ with message ‘parse_ini_file(/config.ini): failed to open stream: No such file or directory’ in /opt/kaltura/app/vendor/ZendFramework/library/Zend/Config/Ini.php:184
Stack trace:
#0 /opt/kaltura/app/vendor/ZendFramework/library/Zend/Config/Ini.php(125): Zend_Config_Ini->_loadIniFile(’/config.ini’)
#1 /opt/kaltura/app/deployment/uiconf/deploy_v2.php(302): Zend_Config_Ini->__construct(’/config.ini’)
#2 /opt/kaltura/app/deployment/uiconf/deploy_v2.php(33): uiConfDeployment::init(’/config.ini’)
#3 {main}
thrown in /opt/kaltura/app/vendor/ZendFramework/library/Zend/Config/Ini.php on line 184

Hi @razvan_iacob,

You should replace $BASE_DIR/apps/studio/$HTML5_STUDIO_VER/studio.ini and $KMC_PATH/config.ini with the actual paths to your versions, in my case:
/opt/kaltura/apps/studio/v2.0.8/studio.ini
/opt/kaltura/web/flash/kmc/v5.41.2/config.ini

But you will have different versions since you’re not running on the latest [12.8.0].

That’s why i thought the scrip enrolled a system variable for kmc path and base dir, i’ll re run with respective entries.
Thanks.

Ok. so the php command ran succesfully i double checked the kmc config.ini, and studio.ini they all have the correct version v2.50, restarted apache, but still in studio it sees player version 2.45.

Regards,
Jacob R.

Hi,

This will only affect new players you create, the current ones can be upgraded via Studio one by one or by running this query directly:

mysql> update ui_conf set html5_url = "/html5/html5lib/v2.50/mwEmbedLoader.php" where html5_url like "%html5lib/v2.%/mwEmbedLoader.php"

In newer versions, this happens at each upgrade but the version you’re running does not have that.

Dear Jess, everything regarding the players is resolved now. Didn’t need to run the mysql query as it seems even the old ones show 2.50 which is exactly what i wanted.

Thanks a million Jess :slight_smile:

Most welcome:) So the original issue is resolved with v2.50?

Yes Jess, that’s correct my users that work on the platform informed me that everythins is working player-wise, and all thanks to your support.

Great. Happy to help and glad we’re good.