Upgrade Kaltura CE to 13.0

Ouch! What a bummer. Thankfully it’s on a snapshotted VM.

Is there any plan to add support for Debian 9, or should I plan for a migration to Ubuntu 16.04?

Hi @ArneWeise,

While personally, Debian is my favourite Linux distro [for many good reasons!], most people seem to opt for Ubuntu LTS nowadays and our users are no exception to that rule. Whenever it was possible, I tried to support both properly and that worked well for Wheezy and Jessie. However, in light of the missing deps [see my comment on the nginx-vod-module issue] from the official Stretch repo and the much bigger Ubuntu audience, I’m afraid we do not plan to support Stretch at the moment as I cannot currently justify maintaining yet another repo and building additional packages for Stretch [to compensate for the ones missing from the official Stretch repos].

Same for me, Debian is my goto-dist any time possible. Which is also the reason behind my current deployment.

What is the recommended way to migrate Debian 8 to Ubuntu 16.04?

Hi @ArneWeise,

The easiest way would be to deploy a clean CE of the same version you currently have and then once done:

• Copy /opt/kaltura/web/content from the old deployment to the new one [be sure to preserve the original file permissions]
  • Drop the kaltura and kaltura_sphinx_log DBs [no need to drop the DWH DBs, their schemas did not change since 12.20.0] and import them from your original ENV.
  • Reindex Sphinx with /opt/kaltura/bin/kaltura-sphinx-reindex.sh and make sure it finishes with no errors

When using mysqldump to export the Kaltura DBs, also pass --routines --single-transaction

I believe you said you are currently running 12.20.0 so, following this guide:

BUT - after getting the http://installrepo.origin.kaltura.org/repo/apt/xenial/install_kaltura_all_in_1.sh

edit the script so that:

echo "deb [arch=amd64] $REPO_BASE_URL/$CODENAME $KALTURA_DIST main" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/kaltura.list

becomes:

echo "deb [arch=amd64] $REPO_BASE_URL/xenial-12.20.0 lynx main" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/kaltura.list

Then run the script as normal.

Once this is done, test that everything is working as expected and assuming it is, follow the upgrade procedure to upgrade to the latest version [13.7.0],

Thanks!
I will give it try later on.

Do let me know should you require assistance:)