Ubuntu Server Self Hosted Installation

Hi ,

I only today heard of Kaltura and I find it a very purposeful product. Thus, may I ask If there are any installation instructions for Ubuntu server 18 LTS as I have perused the web and see some info on the 16 version but is there anything for Ubuntu 18 (preferably a “non-docker” installation?) just a normal installation guide. If someone could point me in the right direction that would be appreciated as I should like to put it on a dedicated server and test it out.

Thanks
Fuquan

Hello @Fuquan,

Since Ubuntu already has a newer LTS (20.04), I intend to port our deb packages to that version.
Will keep you posted.

Thanks for your interest.

1 Like

Ok thanks for that. I look forward to the installation package for Ubuntu 20 LTS which will also work in this case.

Have a nice day

Hi All,

I am hoping someone will point me in the right direction on this. Instead of just waiting for the Ubuntu 20 LTS Kaltura CE installation script I decided to pre test by setting up the old Ubuntu 16 All-In-One script on a dedicated barebone Ubuntu 16 install server {RAM and CPU exceed the minimum requirements so hardware is capable] so I can atleast get my hands wet upfront;

The install seemed to finish ok. But on running the “Sanity Check” afterwards I get this error:

Being new to Kaltura it is least likely that I will figure this one out on my own so I am hoping that someone here may help;

Also; may I ask as I assume you can directly access the server remotely [not using Moodle plugins] via a web browser (correct me if I am wrong but that would be what is called Kaltura Management Console) if this is so may I ask after install what is the port (or proper URL way) to access the console?

Here is what the Sanity Check after install is saying:

Napping 120 seconds to allow the daemon memcached to finish its init after monit restarted it…
[Check memcached daemon is started by Monit] [FAILED, RC: 1] - [121.962809570]
[check_daemon_init_status] [FAILED, RC: 1] - [.109606901]
curl: no URL specified!
curl: try ‘curl --help’ or ‘curl --manual’ for more information
[check_start_page] [FAILED, RC: 1] - [.049829653]
[check_testme_page] [FAILED, RC: 1] - [.028053468]
[check_kmc_index_page] [FAILED, RC: 1] - [.068593833]
[check_kmcng_index_page] [FAILED, RC: 1] - [.037200652]
[check_admin_console_index_page] [FAILED, RC: 1] - [.032263621]
mysql: [Warning] Using a password on the command line interface can be insecure.
ERROR 2003 (HY000): Can’t connect to MySQL server on ‘127.0.0.1’ (111)
[Red5 file upload] [SKIPPED as OflaDemo isn’t configured]
see: https://github.com/kaltura/platform-install-packages/blob/master/doc/install-kaltura-redhat-based.md#configure-red5-server

Thank you for running Kaltura! To keep Kaltura viable, stable and well tested, please join the community and help by contributing sanity tests that verify overall platform stability: http://bit.ly/kaltura-ci , and by contributing to the project roadmap by solving simple tasks and challenges:

Thanks
Fuquan

Quick Post End Formatting Note:
The “Bold” bits in my post were not done by myself as it seems the forum application auto-formatted the post"

Hi @Fuquan,

See Kaltura CE 16.5.0 released

Cheers,