Python API Video Upload createdAt

Hi there,

I’m currently coding a Python program using the Kaltura API.

We will deploy Videos to our Customer, the problem is we need to upload the Videos incl. their creation Date, but the Paramter createdAt is readOnly.

Is there a different solution to this issue?

Regards,
Urghsss

Hello, @urghsss

Uploading program/script cannot set any value to createdAt when we upload a media to Kaltura server.
But, the Kaltura server set the createdAt value of a media entry when the media entry is created.
Therefore, the uploading program/script does not need to set the value of createdAt.

Regards

Hi all,

While what @t-saito wrote is correct, please note that if you are using CE (not the Kaltura SaaS), you can use this script https://github.com/kaltura/server/blob/Orion-15.15.0/alpha/scripts/utils/setEntryCreationDate.php to modify the createdAt values for existing entries.

Hello @jess

Thank you for your explanation.
I think that setEntryCreationDate.php is useful. :smiley:

Regards

Good Morning @jess and @t-saito,

thanks for your replies. The Customer uses Kaltura SaaS.

Usually this issue won’t be a problem, since the Videos are uploaded each day and therefore the CreatedDate will be the same. But if we need to Upload another Video that is a couple of days old or if the process gets stuck and we need to start it again, the created date in Kaltura will differ from the actual file date. This is mainly an issue because these Videos are actual News Videos and the createdAt Date is used by the customer to publish these Videos.

So unless i am somewhat able to change the date in Kaltura, a Video from, lets say 06.01.2020 that gets uploaded today, will have the date set as 09.01.2020, even though that newsfile is a couple of days old.

Thanks!

Regards,
Urghsss

Hello @urghsss,

If you wish, you can create a custom metadata profile (see https://developer.kaltura.com/workflows/Enrich_and_Organize_Metadata/Working_with_metadata) and store the original creation date there.
This will enable KMC users to obtain the data. However, if that is not enough for your purposes, I suggest you contact your Kaltura account manager. You cannot update the createdAt member using our APIs since, as you noted in your original post, it is a read only member.

Cheers

1 Like

Thank you @jess,

i will now implement it using metadata fields.

Cheers!