Problem with KMC Load on chrome

I have the following problem on my machine:
When ever I login to KMC from chrome I get the screen cut off.
Any idea?

Hi Ofer,

What version of Chrome is this and which KMC ver?
Also, anything in the JS console or HTTP sniffer?

Hi Jess,

I’m using Chrome: 39.0.2171.65 m
And it happens against kaltura SaaS KMC as well.

What I get in the console is this:
Failed to load resource: net::ERR_CACHE_MISS (its being reported on http://kmc.kaltura.com/index.php/kmc/kmc4)

and Any change to screen (opening the developer tools , doing “view source”) cause it to appear correctly
Ofer

Hi Ofer,

Thanks. Is this something that always reproduces? if not, what should be done to reproduce? I never saw it with my Chrome Version 38.0.2125.122 (64-bit).

Currently it is constantly reproducible.
I guess its something on the client side, I just don’t know what it is.

BTW,

I’m not the only one experiencing this phenomenon.

Ofer

If it helps, I get the same issue on Chrome Version 39.0.2171.65 m .
I avoid using chrome except for testing and open / close the developer tools window as a quick fix.

Hello all,

We are looking into it and our staff was also able to reproduce.
Thank you,

Please see fix here:

Will be pushed to the repo this Sun.

Thanks,

I updated, and still am getting the partial load in Chrome, anyone else? Also, would be nice on an upgrade, when you have to answer all of the server questions again, if it could grab from what you already and have set up, and not just put in “install” defaults to the questions.

This fix worked for me.
Did you upgrade or just implemented the changes? (if you did that you need to implement it in the minified version)

Hi Bill,

Which KMC version do you now have? and which kaltura-base version?

Each time you run the config scripts, an answer file is autogenerated under /tmp/kaltura_*.ans
You should keep this file and pass it as an arg to the scripts at each config run, this way, you will not be prompted.

Thanks,

Name : kaltura-kmc
Arch : noarch
Version : v5.37.27

Name : kaltura-base
Arch : noarch
Version : 9.19.5
Release : 1

I’ll make a copy of that file for the next upgrade. Thanks for the tip.

Another thing we have ran into, which I have just started investigating is the Players in the Studio List indicate they require updating, but when I try to update I get: Error updating UIConf:, also if in the Flash Studio and try and edit the players get: Player 23448201 not loaded. The player definition file is corrupted. I’m guessing they are both related.

I saw this in the github, was tempted to try, but thought I would check here first:

@ robp2175 I had uiconf error as well with the new install , fixed by running
chmod -R 777 /opt/kaltura/app/cache .

Hi Bill,

No need changing to 777, it will not solve anything.
I suggest you try to create a new player using Studio.
As far as the other issue, your KMC is very old, fix was done for 9.18 and we are currently at 10.6.0, please upgrade.

Thanks,

Thanks Jess will do, and I will choose that package specifically. Odd that running these commands do not get the newest version.

yum clean all
yum update kaltura-release
yum clean all
yum update “kaltura

Bill

Hi Bill,

I would not recommend installing only part of packages of a newer version, better to upgrade all.
Please check what you have in /etc/yum.repos.d/kaltura.repo, it is possible you have a specific version instead of ‘latest’ which is why you get no upgrades/

Thanks Jess, that is what was hanging it up, we ran:

sudo yum erase kaltura-release

rpm -ihv http://installrepo.kaltura.org/releases/kaltura-release.noarch.rpm

verified also now repo is set to the latest:

baseurl = http://installrepo.kaltura.org/releases/latest/RPMS/$basearch/

ran the update, and now Google Chrome is working perfectly.

Still have the Error updating UIConf:, but at least we are at the newest version, and we can just make copies of the players there to create new ones.