Problem Deleting Files Stored on Amazon S3

We are installing a new instance of Kaltura CE 13.17.0 on Amazon and we have done the install using Amazon S3 as storage. We are able to load files, transcode and play just fine. The only problem is deleting files. Local files are not getting deleted from kaltura local once the files are uploaded to s3 (Delete exported storage is enabled in KMC). Also, if we delete a file from Kaltura the same file is not beig deleted from S3 (purge on delete is enabled in KMC user). Any help is appreciated.

Hi Steve,
We’ve had similar issues, usually with the access permissions on the bucket and with the specified key.
Can you verify you have delete writes on the bucket?

yes. PUTOBJECT* and DELETEOBJECT* permission is provided to the bucket.

What about aws region you set?
I have the same problem too.

My region is north-east and error message said wrong region of aws, regardless I set my aws region as north-east at the remote storage configuration.
It looks like Kaltura send a delete request message to aws with us-east region regardless of the remote storage configuration.

for us S3 and Kaltura both are in us-east region. (N. Virginia)

My error message was folloinwngs.:
ERR: exception ‘Exception’ with message ‘Couldn’t delete file [/content/entry/data/0/0/0_xxxxxxxx.mp4] from bucket [yyyyyy]: The authorization header is malformed; the region ‘us-east-1’ is wrong; expecting ‘ap-northeast-1’’ in /opt/kaltura/app/infra/log/KalturaLog.php:83

then i just update following file to set $s3Region and it is working now.

/opt/kaltura/app/infra/storage/file_transfer_managers/s3Mgr.class.php

protected $s3Region = ‘ap-northeast-1’;

I test with the latest version of Kaltura which is 13:20