Preview and embed - not able to play HLS

I am very new to kaltura and nginx.

I have installed Centos7 based Single Server installation of Kaltura … i am able to upload few videos and play with the metadata. But when I try to launch preview and embed … i am not able to play video.

In chrome - developer tools - i could see that the hls path the player is expecting doesnot exist and throws a 404 error. I guess it is due to some configuration issue of NGINX.

Can some one help me here ? I am sure it is very basic, but I dont know how to validate and fix.

Thanks

Hi @mahidhara_vittal,

As I explained to you here: https://github.com/kaltura/server/issues/6787 , the Nginx host needs to be accessible from all devices you intend to play the media from. If it is not, then you need to correct that.

mysql> select * from delivery_profile where id in (1001,1002,1003)\G 

Are the values for host_name and url correct?

Once again, an explanation of how this works, including a full configuration review, is available here:

Thanks Jees for the help.

After I re-ran the kaltura-nginx conf shell script and got the preivew and embed to play the video.
Here is what I observed,

1. When requested to play for the first time, request is getting logged in kaltura-nginx_access.log -> with reference to segmented ts files.
  2. When requested to play for the second time, request is getting logged in kaltura-apache_access.log -> here i dont see any reference that it is requesting the any specific chunk.

Now I wanted to try out a web based client application that should have the thumbnails of the videos i have uploaded from publisher website to playback. Is there any off-the-shelf client application for web in Kaltura CE that I can use to test end to end flow ?

Hi @mahidhara_vittal,

We have multiple API clients for various languages. You can see a full listing and download links here:

Since you’re using CE, however, it’s best that you generate your own clients on your server so that they exactly match your server version and include the plugins you have enabled, you can do that by calling:

# php /opt/kaltura/app/generator/generate.php $LANGUAGE

A list of language code names can be found here: /opt/kaltura/clients-generator/config/generator.all.ini
So for example:

# generate the Ruby client lib:
# php /opt/kaltura/app/generator/generate.php ruby

# generate the Java client lib:
# php /opt/kaltura/app/generator/generate.php java

The client will then be placed under /opt/kaltura/web/content/clientlibs/$LANG_%d-%m-%Y.tar.gz
Also, on the developer.kaltura.com site, you can go through the interactive workflows that automatically generate code samples, see here:
https://developer.kaltura.com/workflows

The interactive workflows work against our SaaS endpoints [www.kaltura.com/api_v3] so you won’t be able to TEST interactively but you can certainly copy the code, change the API endpoint to that of your CE server and test it against your own CE deployment.

In addition, each client includes several unit tests [see README of each for instructions] from which you can also learn how to use them by following the tests code.