KMC appears to have hung

Hi,

I am having an issue with the ZMC page. When I login the app rather than seeing a list of all the imported costs u get a blank page with the word “Loading” in the top left corner of the page along with a spinning image.

Thanks,

Sreve

Hello,

Not sure what you mean by ‘a list of all the imported costs’ means, do you mean you’re not seeing a list of entries?
In any case, I suggest you open your browser’s dev tools and look under the “network” and “console” for errors.
In parallel, on the server side, run:
# kaltlog
and if the error is not obvious by then, paste it here:)

Jess,

Apologies, that is an appaling typo in my original post costs should have been videoxs. No I’ve mo idea why i typed costs either!!

I’ve run the page now in IE and Firefox with deve tools running and the only issue that is obvious is a 404 error when attempting to load kmc.swf. I assume this has always loaded ok in the past having never seen this message before. Is there anyway of reinstating this file?

I am struggling with access to our server as the admin is away at the moment leaving me, the developer with restricted access, to look after things. If/when I can access the server I will post the contents of the log.

Thanks,
Steve

Hi Steve,

Indeed, if kmc.swf cannot be loaded, nothing in KMC will work, as its the main file.
It should be under /opt/kaltura/web/flash/kmc/v$KMC_VERSION/

When you obtain access take a look at that. Perhaps someone deleted it?