Kaltura/Drupal Integration- Importing videos with slides and chapters

Hello,

I’m new to Kaltura and I’m just testing the integration with the Drupal.
I uploaded a few videos to “My media” in the media Space. Then I edited them (also in Kaltura Media Space) by adding slides and chapters to make the navigation easier. When I import these into the Kaltura Management Console, however, they lose those chapters. I no longer have the dropdown menu with the slides I created. I wanted to Import this video to a Drupal site. However, when it’s importing the videos from the Kaltura Management console and I can’t seem to have the slides there.

I’ve tried creating a new player, customizing players… you name it. I can’t find a way for the slides I’ve created to appear. Is there a way to import videos (with slides and chapters) from My media Space to Drupal? I know I can use an embed code and then it will keep the slides, but I prefer the import option, in case I needed to import many videos at once.

Thanks!

Bea

Hello Bea,

Sorry but I’m afraid I don’t quite understand.
MediaSpace and KMC [Kaltura Management Console] take their data from the same place, i.e: the use the Kaltura server API to display, add and update data.
Therefore, I don’t understand what you mean by “When I import these into the Kaltura Management Console”.
Are we talking about two separate partners here, i.e: is MediaSpace binded to one partner and the KMC instance you’re referring to to another partner or…?

Thanks,

Hi Jess!

I apologise. I mispoke (or miswrote might be better)

Indeed, I don’t import into the KMC. Once they’re uploaded to the MediaSpace, they appear in the KMC too. I guess I don’t quite understand the relationship between the two. In Media Space I can upload videos and they’ll appear in the KMC as well. However, when I edit them by adding slides and chapters, these don’t show up in the KMC, correct?

My idea was to import the videos I edited in the MediaSpace (with the chapters and slides I added) into a Drupal site, but when I do, they don’t have the slides or chapters. Is there a way to import the videos as I’ve edited them in the MediaSpace into a Drupal site?

Thanks!

Bea

Hello,

Like I said, the data for all these systems is pulled from the same source.
I imagine your issue stems from the player you use. In order to display slides, a player with that plugin must be used.
In KMC, when you go to the preview and embed form, you can choose the player you wish to use. Select the same one you use in KMS and it should work correctly. In Drupal, you also define the uiconf ID for the player you wish to display, likewise, that player should be one that supports displaying slides.

Hope that explains it.

Hi Jess,

Thanks for the quick response. By checking the embed code in the player in MediaSpace I have discovered the uiconf ID of the player that shows the slides. I’ve looked for it in KMC, and have found it. I’ve set that player for the videos I edited with slides…but they still aren’t showing.

Sorry for all these posts. I just don’t know what else to do. Thank you again for taking the time to answer.

Bea

HI Bea,

In the KMC preview, when using the relevant player, does it show the slides?

Hi Jess,

By relevant player you mean the same player that I mentioned shows the slides in the MediaSpace?

Then no, it doesn’t show them. I checked the uiconf ID. It is now the same for video in KMC and MediaSpace. In MediaSpace I can see the slides, but I can’t in the KMC.

Bea

Hello Bea,

At this point, seeing how you are a paying customer [I am deducing this by the fact you have MediaSpace]. I suggest you contact our support team so they further look into it for you.
If you are not the contact person for this account, please have the relevant person do so for you.

Thank you,