Kaltura-db-config.sh FAILED with: 255 on line 182

During the config all process i get this fail

Checking connectivity to needed daemons…
Connectivity test passed:)
Cleaning cache…
Populating DB with data… please wait…
Output for /opt/kaltura/app/deployment/base/scripts/installPlugins.php being logged into /opt/kaltura/log/installPlugins.log

kaltura-db-config.sh FAILED with: 255 on line 182

From my reading so far it appears to be an issue with the version of php that im running as there are several bug reports regarding this area of the process as well as talk about anything over php 5.5 so i assume this also has to do with my version which is

php -v
PHP 5.6.25 (cli) (built: Sep 3 2016 19:17:54)
Copyright © 1997-2016 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.6.0, Copyright © 1998-2016 Zend Technologies

line 182 is

php $APP_DIR/deployment/base/scripts/installPlugins.php >> $LOG_DIR/installPlugins.log 2>&1

so im not sure what the issue is exactly with the 255 value and why its failing…

Here is the output from the installPlugins.log

> Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'PropelException' with message 'Unable to open PDO connection dsn[mysql:host=127.0.0.1;port=3306;dbname=kaltura;] user[kaltura] password[passwordremoved] [wrapped: could not find driver]' in /opt/kaltura/app/vendor/propel/Propel.php:649
> Stack trace:
> #0 /opt/kaltura/app/vendor/propel/Propel.php(532): Propel::initConnection(Array, 'propel')
> #1 /opt/kaltura/app/alpha/apps/kaltura/lib/myDbHelper.class.php(30): Propel::getConnection('propel')
> #2 /opt/kaltura/app/alpha/apps/kaltura/lib/myDbHelper.class.php(49): myDbHelper::getConnection('propel')
> #3 /opt/kaltura/app/alpha/lib/model/om/BaseDynamicEnumPeer.php(371): myDbHelper::alternativeCon(NULL)
> #4 /opt/kaltura/app/alpha/lib/model/om/BaseDynamicEnumPeer.php(335): BaseDynamicEnumPeer::alternativeCon(NULL, 0)
> #5 /opt/kaltura/app/alpha/lib/kPluginableEnumsManager.php(66): BaseDynamicEnumPeer::doSelect(Object(Criteria))
> #6 /opt/kaltura/app/alpha/lib/kPluginableEnumsManager.php(97): kPluginableEnumsManager::loadApiMap()
> #7 /opt/kaltura/app/alpha/lib/ in /opt/kaltura/app/vendor/propel/Propel.php on line 649

I believe my issue here is that i had not yet finished my full php configuration by fully going down the global php ini file and selecting my extensions. If the issue is other than that i will let you know.

Hello,

This has nothing to do with the PHP version:) We support all versions starting from 5.3 and up to 7.
Are you able to manually connect to the Kaltura DB from the shell with these credentials? I would assume not…
I suggest you run:
# /opt/kaltura/bin/kaltura-drop-db.sh
which would drop all existing Kaltura DBs and then, manually rerun the DB creation script with:
# bash -x /opt/kaltura/bin/kaltura-db-config.sh

And look closely at the debug info to see where we’re failing. Once you have more info, please post it here and I’ll be happy to help you further.

OK will do, thanks it might be a day or so as i just discovered i have two php versions installed on my server, oh what fun… 5.3 and 5.6 ill have to learn how to remove both or one of them so ill have to stop here with the config and get at this in a day or so after i fix this. No since in continuing the config when the php is all messed up. :frowning:

I do think we are very close as i did a test after i activated all the php extensions in the global php ini file (which i had not done so that might be the issue) i do know that before i removed the db i did pull up the page and i did get the kaltura welcome page so i think once i get the php figured out it shoud go fine but ill keep you posted here in a day or so when i get back to this. Just more proof that programmers dont always make good server admins lmao :slight_smile:

Thanks again jess :slight_smile:

After fixing my php screwup i was able to get past this but now i have a new one that i will make a new post for.