Kaltura CE @ ubuntu 16.04 x64

Hello again with dumb question)
is there any plan(timeline) for ubuntu 16.04 repo?)

Hi,

Not a dumb question at all. Ubuntu 16.04 was officially released on April 21st and we will test it soon.
Hopefully, we will be able to validate that it works/make changes so that it does, within the coming week.

BTW, have you already tested it and found that it malfunctions? any bug reports you may have can help expedite the process.

Thanks,

Hello,

I’ve got an initial version working on Xenial.
To try it:
# wget http://installrepo.kaltura.org/repo/apt/debian-11.16.0-xenial/install_kaltura_all_in_1.sh
# chmod +x install_kaltura_all_in_1.sh
# ./install_kaltura_all_in_1.sh

The Analytics will not work and is a known issue I’ll work on but otherwise it should be good to use.
Please report any bugs you may come across.

Thanks,

Tried an install on 16.04 and getting the same probs as 14.04.

Did the the tasks as per the 14.04 doc.Including the one about virtual hosts. Does that include https ? The script seemed to do it for me though ?

And ran the install…

BTW… the link about mysql strict tables is broken…

Not sure what the error means :frowning:

Scrape of install screen below… I opted to delete the database when it errored…

FWIW … the installer seems to ask the same questions about hosts and ports ?

TIA
Peter

CREATE DATABASE kalturadw;
mysql: [Warning] Using a password on the command line interface can be insecure.
mysql: [Warning] Using a password on the command line interface can be insecure.
CREATE DATABASE kalturadw_ds;
CREATE DATABASE kalturadw_bisources;
CREATE DATABASE kalturalog;
Checking connectivity to needed daemons…
Connectivity test passed:)
ERROR: Couldn’t make an API request to http://e4182s01-egc-tv3/api_v3/index.php?service=system&action=ping.
This will drop the following DBs:
kaltura kaltura_sphinx_log kalturadw kalturadw_ds kalturadw_bisources kalturalog
and remove users:
kaltura etl
on localhost

Removing kaltura…mysql: [Warning] Using a password on the command line interface can be insecure.
Removing kaltura_sphinx_log…mysql: [Warning] Using a password on the command line interface can be insecure.
Removing kalturadw…mysql: [Warning] Using a password on the command line interface can be insecure.
Removing kalturadw_ds…mysql: [Warning] Using a password on the command line interface can be insecure.
Removing kalturadw_bisources…mysql: [Warning] Using a password on the command line interface can be insecure.
Removing kalturalog…mysql: [Warning] Using a password on the command line interface can be insecure.
dpkg: error processing package kaltura-db (–configure):
subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 6
Errors were encountered while processing:

Interesting … when I tried the install script again … it just zips through the install and tries the db reconfig

Same error…

For interest … I left the tables in place and tried accessing the web site and got the below…

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
SERVICE_FORBIDDENThe access to service [system->ping] is forbiddenKalturaAPIExceptionKalturaApiExceptionArgSERVICEsystem->ping0.061583042144775

Hi @pdeg,

Your problem starts here:
ERROR: Couldn’t make an API request to http://e4182s01-egc-tv3/api_v3/index.php?service=system&action=ping.
e4182s01-egc-tv3 needs to be a valid resolvable host. From both inside the server and any device you plan to use the Kaltura admin I/F and playback from.

Found it …

We are behind a http proxy server… and (obviously :slight_smile: ) I had set the http_proxy environment variable in my .bashrc.

Hence when it came to to do the test … if was trying to go via the proxy and failed…

Deleted those enviromment variables and put the proxy in the apt.conf (?). This helped a lot and it is still installing.

Of course all of the wgets and curls are now failing … hence it complains. Is that a bad thing ? I can work around the wgets in the install script… but the curl ?

When I get it working … what are the ramifications … do not really want the double hop to the proxy, Even if I can make the proxy tranparent … IF you know what I mean.

Cheers
Peter

Setting up kaltura-batch (11.16.0-1+b1) …
curl: (7) Failed to connect to installytics.kaltura.org port 443: Connection timed out
Starting Batch Manager…
Batch Manager started with PID 25985 [ OK ]
curl: (7) Failed to connect to installytics.kaltura.org port 443: Connection timed out

Hello,

Not sure I understand the current situation… The machine needs to be able to reach external resources as well as itself [since the code makes HTTP requests to the API]. You can use a proxy for external resources, so long as it’s a valid operational one and if your hostname is not resolvable to the outside world, you can add an entry in /etc/hosts for it on the server and, like I said, on all machines you intend to use Kaltura from to play videos or use the admin I/Fs.

Once your machine is able to reach all needed resources, you can just rerun the configuration scripts with:
# dpkg-reconfigure kaltura-base
# dpkg-reconfigure kaltura-front
# dpkg-reconfigure kaltura-batch