Kaltura batch config.log growing file

Hello,

I am experiencing a weird problem in one node. A kaltura-batch confi.log is created on /opt/kaltura/app/cache/batch and grows up to several gigabytes per day.

I have searched and haven’t been able to switch it off. It is not created on other production nodes.

Any help will be appreciated.

David Eusse

Hi @david.eusse,

What’s the exact name of the file in question? Do you mean /opt/kaltura/app/cache/batch/config.ini, perhaps? That’s a rather small file… The relatively big log files are all under /opt/kaltura/log (with the batch worker logs residing under /opt/kaltura/log/batch) and there’s logrotate configuration for them.

You can also control the log verbosity by modifying the .*filters.priority.priority directives in /opt/kaltura/app/configurations/logger.ini (reload Apache after making such changes); naturally, the lower the number, the smaller the log file will be. However, when debugging, you should set the verbosity back to 7 (DEBUG).

Hello Jess,

Well, that’s the weird situation. Look at this, from the shell:
pwd
/opt/kaltura/app/cache/batch
ls -lh
total 1.9G
-rw------- 1 kaltura kaltura 1.6M Jun 2 03:21 classMap.cache
-rw-r–r-- 1 kaltura kaltura 46K Sep 24 07:54 config.ini
-rw-r–r-- 1 kaltura kaltura 1.8G Sep 24 07:54 config.log
drwxrwxrwx 2 kaltura kaltura 6 May 31 16:11 controls
drwxrwxrwx 2 kaltura kaltura 6 May 31 16:10 filters
-rw-r–r-- 1 kaltura kaltura 22M Jun 2 04:18 status.log

I have just checked the config.ini and logger.ini from different nodes and can’t see any difference. What I don’t understand is why it is writing a config.log file …

Right now I’m just erasing it eveery day…

Any ideas ?

Thank you again,

David

Hi @david.eusse,

Okay, I understand now.
The code in question is here:

/opt/kaltura/app/batch/scheduler/KScheduleHelperManager.class.php

public static function saveConfigItems(array $configItems)
        {   
                $data = ''; 
                foreach($configItems as $configItem)
                        $data .= base64_encode(serialize($configItem)) . "\n";

$filePath = self::getConfigItemsFilePath();
                file_put_contents($filePath, $data, FILE_APPEND);
        }   

it’s called from the loadConfig() function here: /opt/kaltura/app/batch/scheduler/KGenericScheduler.class.php

Thank you Jess,

We haven’t changed anything on the code so I don’t know how this could happen. If I find out I’l let everybody know in this forum.

Regards,
David