I have a strange behavior with the “kaltura_api_v3.log” log file.
I’m have a cluster env on CentOS7 and this is happening on the front server.
I checked the disk space on the server and saw a lot of space had been lost in few days only. I saw that /opt/kaltura/log/kaltura_api_v3.log was growing really really fast (impossible to tail, too much infos) and was already at more than 11GB (few days only). So I removed it to free some space. I check kaltlog but didn’t saw anything strange.
But now my question is: is it standard behavior, or does it mean there is an issue with the install ? Do I have to make some cron jobs to rm this file from time to time ?
Thanks a lot.
Quick note for anyone who has this issue.
You can avoid this by uncomment the following lines
writers.stream.filters.priority.priority = 4
writers.stream.filters.priority.operator = "<="
writers.stream.filters.type.name = KalturaLogFilterType
in “/opt/kaltura/app/configurations/logger.ini”. This will avoid the DEBUG logs in the “kaltura_api_v3.log”.
Also double check that you have the kaltura_api logrotate file linked in “/etc/logrotate.d/”.
lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root root 53 May 17 12:50 kaltura_api -> /opt/kaltura/app/configurations/logrotate/kaltura_api
That was it for me.
Indeed, reducing the verbosity level to 4 would result in less output and thus, smaller log sizes:)
This is fine while not debugging an issue but should you have any, please increase back to 7 and reload Apache.
Note that the logs are all compressed and rotated, the logrotate configuration is here: