Kaltura 11.14 upload issues

Hi Jess, after updating from 11.13.0 to 11.14.0 after upload, converting get stuck showing as “in queue”

Here’s the logs:
[root@backend1 tmp]# kaltlog
thrown in /opt/kaltura/app/batch/client/KalturaClientBase.php on line 894
PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception ‘KalturaException’ with message ‘Internal database error’ in /opt/kaltura/app/batch/client/KalturaClientBase.php:894
Stack trace:

0 /opt/kaltura/app/batch/client/KalturaClient.php(640): KalturaClientBase->throwExceptionIfError(Array)

==> /opt/kaltura/log/batch/validatelivemediaservers-0-2016-05-18.err.log <==
PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception ‘KalturaClientException’ with message ‘couldn’t connect to host’ in /opt/kaltura/app/batch/client/KalturaClientBase.php:362
Stack trace:

0 /opt/kaltura/app/batch/client/KalturaClient.php(2275): KalturaClientBase->doQueue()

]
2016-05-18 12:04:41 [0.000433] [10.100.83.167] [100356409] [4] [API] [KalturaDispatcher->dispatch] CRIT: exception ‘Exception’ with message ‘Action does not exist!’ in /opt/kaltura/app/infra/log/KalturaLog.php:74
Stack trace:

0 /opt/kaltura/app/api_v3/lib/KalturaDispatcher.php(56): KalturaLog::crit(‘Action does not…’)

3 {main}
2016-05-18 12:04:41 [0.000363] [10.100.83.167] [100356409] [5] [API] [KalturaFrontController->getExceptionObject] ERR: exception ‘KalturaAPIException’ with message ‘Action “trackevent” does not exists for service “analytics”’ in /opt/kaltura/app/api_v3/lib/KalturaDispatcher.php:57
Stack trace:

0 /opt/kaltura/app/api_v3/lib/KalturaFrontController.php(113): KalturaDispatcher->dispatch(‘analytics’, ‘trackEvent’, Array)
^C
[root@backend1 tmp]# more /opt/kaltura/log/batch/validatelivemediaservers-0-2016-05-18.err.log
PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception ‘KalturaClientException’ with message ‘couldn’t connect to host’ in /opt/kaltura/app/batch/client/KalturaClientBase.php:362
Stack trace:

0 /opt/kaltura/app/batch/client/KalturaClient.php(2275): KalturaClientBase->doQueue()
1 /opt/kaltura/app/batch/batches/ValidateLiveMediaServers/KAsyncValidateLiveMediaServers.class.php(48): KalturaEntryServerNodeService->listAction(Object(KalturaEntryS
erverNodeFilter), Object(KalturaFilterPager))

2 /opt/kaltura/app/batch/batches/ValidateLiveMediaServers/KAsyncValidateLiveMediaServersExe.php(11): KAsyncValidateLiveMediaServers->run()
3 {main}
thrown in /opt/kaltura/app/batch/client/KalturaClientBase.php on line 362
[root@backend1 tmp]#
[root@backend1 tmp]#
[root@backend1 tmp]#
[root@backend1 tmp]#
[root@backend1 tmp]#
[root@backend1 tmp]# more /opt/kaltura/log/batch/validatelivemediaservers-0-2016-05-18.err.log
Stack trace:

1 /opt/kaltura/app/batch/batches/ValidateLiveMediaServers/KAsyncValidateLiveMediaServers.class.php(48): KalturaEntryServerNodeService->listAction(Object(KalturaEntryS
erverNodeFilter), Object(KalturaFilterPager))

2 /opt/kaltura/app/batch/batches/ValidateLiveMediaServers/KAsyncValidateLiveMediaServersExe.php(11): KAsyncValidateLiveMediaServers->run()
3 {main}
thrown in /opt/kaltura/app/batch/client/KalturaClientBase.php on line 362
[root@backend1 tmp]#

Hi,

I believe you may not have run the post config scripts, after upgrading.

RPM:

deb:

After that’s done, let’s try again if there are still issues, need to look deeping into the logs.
For example, I see:
“PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception ‘KalturaClientException’ with message ‘couldn’t connect to host’ in /opt/kaltura/app/batch/client/KalturaClientBase.php:362”

need to check what host it is trying to connect to for starters, and why it is failing.

For batch specifically, the first place to look is:
/opt/kaltura/log/kaltura_batch.log

but I fear you may have a lot of additional issues you are unaware of. Let’s start by running the config scripts/.

Hi Jess,

I already run the install twice before taking the logs.
I have been updating kaltura since early versions of CE 9, close two years now. So issues seem to have accumulated on my install.
Is there a way to do a fresh clean install without losing the media or links on the same machine?

Jean.

Hi Jess, any comment?

Hi Jean,

The only way you can do that is to make sure the current install is fully up to date as far as the DB schema goes and then install a fresh instance of the same version [preferably latest which is 11.14.0 at the moment] and then, backup and drop all the kaltura.* DBs from the new install and import them from the old.

You can use /opt/kaltura/bin/kaltura-export-db.sh to export all the Kaltura DBs, then edit the resulting SQL and replace the old hostname with the new one and import it to the new system’s MySQL and copy over all the assets under /opt/kaltura/web/content/ onto the new system.

Make sure the new system has the same Kaltura version as the old one though, cause otherwise, it will not work.

Please be sure to backup ALL DBs from both instances, just in case.

Once done, use:
# /opt/kaltura/bin/kaltura-sanity.sh

To verify the new install is sane.

Let me know should you require additional assistance.

Thanks. Can I perform that on the same system?

Not really. Since you can select an alt FS prefix. In addition, even you could, you’d have to either stop the original system’s daemons or run the new ones on alt ports.
You could run a Docker container on the same system as the original if you’d like.