KAC labels over SSL

Hello,

I have a strange behavior with the labels of the Kaltura Admin Console.

When I’m without ssl everything is fine, but when I’m using the KAC with an https session I get a really strang behavior with the labels (pictures below).

I get this on every label in the of the admin console. I cannot find any hint in the browser console or in the apache logs.

I’m behind a haproxy load balancer with ssl offloading. I’m using Kaltura 12.15 with a cluster setup.

Many thanks.

Just found out it’s not a SSL/NON-SSL behavior but it depends on the browser.

MacOS 10.12.4.

Chrome 57.0.2987.133 -> no label issue
Firefox 53.0.2 -> label issue
Safari 10.1 -> label issue

Bug maybe ?

Hi @luca.guindani,

It is certainly a bug. I fear Admin Console has a few bugs that are specific to Safari.
It’s not a high priority for us at the moment but I’ll certainly make sure it is logged.
For now, I recommend you use a different HTML5 enabled browser [kind of hard to find a modern one that does not support HTML5 but people seem to manage it:)]. I personally use Firefox and Chromium, both work correctly with the Admin Console.

Thanks for reporting it and of course, since we’re open sourced, if you’d like to investigate the issue, fix it and submit a pull request, we’d be most happy to review it.

Ok, good to know, thanks. Will try to investigate as soon as I’ve solved the other issues I have.

Just to be clear, it’s not limited to Safari, I get the same behavior with Firefox 53.0.2.

Hi @luca.guindani,

I am using Firefox 53.0 and cannot reproduce it.
I imagine you’re using Mac [since you’ve mentioned Safari], sometimes, the same browser version CAN behave differently between OSes. I’ll try to reproduce it and get back to you.