Struggling to install this. I have been able to in the past, but don’t seem to be able to now. I have tried half a dozen times in the last two days, install, configure, fail, uninstall, start again, etc… a couple different points of failure, but this one seems to be repeating now.
During the populating of the databases,
Checking MySQL version…
Ver 5.5.48 found compatible
CREATE USER kaltura;
CREATE USER etl;
CREATE DATABASE kaltura;
CREATE DATABASE kaltura_sphinx_log;
CREATE DATABASE kalturadw;
CREATE DATABASE kalturadw_ds;
CREATE DATABASE kalturadw_bisources;
CREATE DATABASE kalturalog;
Checking connectivity to needed daemons…
Connectivity test passed:)
Populating DB with data… please wait…
Output for /opt/kaltura/app/deployment/base/scripts/installPlugins.php being logged into /opt/kaltura/log/installPlugins.log
Output for /opt/kaltura/app/deployment/base/scripts/insertDefaults.php being logged into /opt/kaltura/log/insertDefaults.log
Output for /opt/kaltura/app/deployment/base/scripts/insertPermissions.php being logged into /opt/kaltura/log/insertPermissions.log
Output for /opt/kaltura/app/deployment/base/scripts/insertContent.php being logged into /opt/kaltura/log/insertContent.log
Archving logs to /opt/kaltura/log/log_14_03_16_15_12.tar.gz…
If I tail /opt/kaltura/log/insertContent.log it looks like it is going to http for the service url when it should be https, and I am getting that 400/bad request message. Is there some config file where I can fix this, and then run the populate db script again?
I had a simular issue. Read this thread and see if the instructions help you fix your issue. It will tell you how to review your logs and you can look for errors in the configuration file. There is another help thread on how to drop that current database and rebuild it too. I will post that link when I find it. You can try that if this thread is not helpful.
That got me there, or at least further. I still have a couple funky things going on, but I think they are unrelated.
a) from the KAC, when choosing ‘Manage’ from the actions pop-up, it goes to KMC via https (as it should I think) and then reroutes to http, where I get a 400 failure, as there is no plain-old http configured
b) when I do eventually get into the KMC, I get the dreaded ‘Internal’ error, which in my past experience means a Sphynx issue. I haven’t figured out how to empty that cache and restart the service in this version of Kaltura yet.
As far as forcing HTTPS in KMC goes, you can either:
mysql> update permission set STATUS=1 WHERE permission.PARTNER_ID IN (‘0’) AND permission.NAME=‘FEATURE_KMC_ENFORCE_HTTPS’ ORDER BY permission.STATUS ASC LIMIT 1
Thank you very much for that information. It helps give me a much better idea of what’s going on
On a whim, I downloaded the answers template file, compared it to mine (IS_NGINX_SSL was missing from both), made a few tweaks and ran config-all again. This time, the ‘analytics warehouse DB’ ran and completed, which I don’t think had happened before. At this point, before trying to create a new account and kick the tires thoroughly, everything seems good, internal errors gone, KMC and KAC loading properly.
Next step will be trying to migrate/upgrade an old CE6 installation onto the new server… fingers crossed!