Import Plugin option in the KMC Studio for Kaltura CE 11

How can the Import Plugin option in the KMC Studio for Kaltura CE 11 be enabled?

Hello,

Not quite sure I understand what you mean.
In order to import a plugin, go to KMC->Studio->select a player->hit the last icon on the left pane [plugins].
You will then see a button labled “Import Plugin” which upon clicking will open a dialog allowing you to input a JSON string specifying the script location and any additional parameters that used for plugin.

Hope this helps,

Thank you for your fast response.

I copy the following code below (displayed in the Player Studio tab of the Call To Action Plugin example on this page: http://player.kaltura.com/docs/ActionButtons) and paste in the KMC Import Plugin field but nothing happens/appears. Is this correct? Please advise. Thank you.

actionButtons.plugin=true&actionButtons.displayOn=end&actionButtons.customDataKey=ActionButtons&actionButtons.openInNewWindow=boolean&actionButtons.actions=[{“id”:“product”,“label”:“Buy this Product”,“url”:“http://www.myproduct.com”},{“id”:“product2”,“label”:“Read more about this Product”,“url”:“http://www.myproduct.com”}]&actionButtons.templatePath=…/CallToAction/templates/action-buttons.tmpl.html&related.plugin=true&related.itemsLimit=5&metadataProfileId=3416131

Hi,
Interesting that the Action Buttons plugin is not available among other Studio plugins - we will take a look into that.
The import plugin has a slightly different syntax than a pure JSON string - it requires the plugin name as a first parameter. So if you add the string “ActionButtons&” to the beginning of the JSON string you specified - it will work. Note that you will need to specify a full URL for the templatePath parameter as the relative URL used by the documentation page will not work.
Amir

Hello Amir, thank you for your response. I searched my CE for action-buttons.tmpl.html file and found the following:

/opt/kaltura/web/html5/html5lib/v2.33/modules/CallToAction/templates/action-buttons.tmpl.html
/opt/kaltura/web/html5/html5lib/v2.27/modules/CallToAction/templates/action-buttons.tmpl.html
/opt/kaltura/web/html5/html5lib/v2.36/modules/CallToAction/templates/action-buttons.tmpl.html
/opt/kaltura/web/html5/html5lib/v2.26/modules/CallToAction/templates/action-buttons.tmpl.html
/opt/kaltura/web/html5/html5lib/v2.20/modules/CallToAction/templates/action-buttons.tmpl.html
/opt/kaltura/web/html5/html5lib/v2.38.1/modules/CallToAction/templates/action-buttons.tmpl.html
/opt/kaltura/web/html5/html5lib/v2.32.1/modules/CallToAction/templates/action-buttons.tmpl.html
/opt/kaltura/web/html5/html5lib/v2.37.3/modules/CallToAction/templates/action-buttons.tmpl.html
/opt/kaltura/web/html5/html5lib/v2.23/modules/CallToAction/templates/action-buttons.tmpl.html
/opt/kaltura/web/html5/html5lib/v2.35.5/modules/CallToAction/templates/action-buttons.tmpl.html
/opt/kaltura/web/html5/html5lib/v2.29/modules/CallToAction/templates/action-buttons.tmpl.html
/opt/kaltura/web/html5/html5lib/v2.31/modules/CallToAction/templates/action-buttons.tmpl.html
/opt/kaltura/web/html5/html5lib/v2.34/modules/CallToAction/templates/action-buttons.tmpl.html
/opt/kaltura/web/html5/html5lib/v2.24/modules/CallToAction/templates/action-buttons.tmpl.html
/opt/kaltura/web/html5/html5lib/v2.30/modules/CallToAction/templates/action-buttons.tmpl.html
/opt/kaltura/web/html5/html5lib/v2.22/modules/CallToAction/templates/action-buttons.tmpl.html
/opt/kaltura/web/html5/html5lib/v2.37.1/modules/CallToAction/templates/action-buttons.tmpl.html
/opt/kaltura/web/html5/html5lib/v2.25/modules/CallToAction/templates/action-buttons.tmpl.html
/opt/kaltura/web/html5/html5lib/v2.21/modules/CallToAction/templates/action-buttons.tmpl.html
/opt/kaltura/web/html5/html5lib/v2.28/modules/CallToAction/templates/action-buttons.tmpl.html
/opt/kaltura/web/html5/html5lib/v2.18.5/modules/CallToAction/templates/action-buttons.tmpl.html

I entered the JSON string for the Import Plugin with the full URL:

ActionButtons&actionButtons.plugin=true&actionButtons.displayOn=end&actionButtons.customDataKey=ActionButtons&actionButtons.openInNewWindow=boolean&actionButtons.actions=[{“id”:“product”,“label”:“Buy this Product”,“url”:“http://www.myproduct.com”},{“id”:“product2”,“label”:“Read more about this Product”,“url”:“http://www.myproduct.com”}]&actionButtons.templatePath=/opt/kaltura/web/html5/html5lib/v2.38.1/modules/CallToAction/templates/action-buttons.tmpl.html&related.plugin=true&related.itemsLimit=5&metadataProfileId=

The Call to Action buttons do not appear at the end of the video. Is there anything else I am missing or can check? Please advise. Thank you.

Hi,
First you don’t need to add the related plugin to this string. You can enable it in Studio under the “look and feel” category.
Also, you don’t need to add the “actionButtons.” prefix to the JSON properties.
I’m not sure if your relative path works - please check your network tab and verify if the template file loads or gets a 404 not found error.

Hi Amir, as per your suggestion, I checked the chrome network tab and discovered this:

Not Found The requested URL /apps/studio/v2.0.2/templates/.html was not found on this server.

I ran the following to try to resolve the error but still getting the same No Found error.

yum clean all

yum update kaltura-html5-studio

/opt/kaltura/bin/kaltura-config-all.sh