html5 player error in iPhone and iPad

Best regards to the team for the new forum page launch, Amazing…

As per the references so far from html5 forums in kaltura, I changed my html5 library files below to point my kaltura url and CDN url

  • /opt/kaltura/html5/html5lib/v1.7.0/LocalSettings.php
  • /opt/kaltura/html5/html5lib/v1.7.0/LocalSettings.KalturaPlatform.php
  • /opt/kaltura/html5/html5lib/v1.7.0/includes/DefaultSettings.php

My code is :

<script src=""></script>
<div id='kaltura_player' style='width:100%; height:100%;' />
	mw.setConfig('EmbedPlayer.EnableIpadHTMLControls', false );
	mw.setConfig('EmbedPlayer.EnableIframeApi', false);
	'targetId': 'kaltura_player',
	'wid': '_101',
	'uiconf_id': 11170295,
	'flashvars': {},
	'cache_st': 1367043188,
	'entry_id': 'xxxxxxx'

Error in iPhone and iPad is,
Error getting sources from server, please try again.
unknown widget[_101]

My question is,
Will I need to change the URLs in more files apart from those I mentioned above?(LocalSettings, LocalSettings.KalturaPlatform, DefaultSettings), else whats wrong with this.

You shouldn’t need to edit DefaultSettings.php, as LocalSettings.php will override it.

LocalSettings.KalturaPlatform is the sample config file, which isn’t actually used by anything. You’re supposed to use it as a template, then rename it to LocalSettings.php.

In my case, all the urls were the same, on the server kaltura is running on, not an external CDN, so the LocalSettings.KalturaPlatform.php worked as-is. But, if you’re using a different CDN, or maybe your host file isn’t configured, possibly you’ll need to comment out the existing $wgKalturaCDNUrl and/or $wgKalturaServiceUrl variables and hard-code them like this:

    // The default Kaltura service url:
    //$wgKalturaServiceUrl = $wgHTTPProtocol . '://' . $kConf->get('cdn_api_host');
    $wgKalturaServiceUrl = 'xttp://';

    // Default Kaltura CDN url:
    //$wgKalturaCDNUrl = $wgHTTPProtocol. '://' . $kConf->get('cdn_host');
    $wgKalturaCDNUrl = 'xttp://';

(where xttp: should be http: but this forum breaks things if I do that.)
(also ignore the code tags, those are inserted by the forum.)

Thanks for the reply.

I just made all the things as above and replace the DefaultSettings.php file as it was initial. But still i am getting the same error.

I am using rtmp streaming to play the videos,is it any changes need for the rtmp streaming in this LocalSettings.php file.

The url that is being activated to transform into html5 is on the Kaltura SaaS platform instead of the local server.I am using html5 1.7.0 version but it says the wrong one. it is like[externalInterfaceDisabled]=false&flashvars[autoplay]=true&flashvars[disableAlerts]=true&flashvars[entryId]=0_2r3k2ks1&flashvars[streamerType]=rtmp&urid=

Where was I am wrong and where will be the additional changes needed exactly.Its so confusing…

If I play this kWidget.embed code in raw html file it works fine, but when it goes to my project it wont.

Hmm, I’m not really sure how the SaaS platform works, but I believe this is how to change the html5lib version:

I am kaltura falcon version with html5 1.7.0 version, can I change the html5 version? If yes, in which file I need to change the version of html5?

As your suggestion, I am using the library with some errors, so that I planned to go with other version.

@maryhansen28 that usually means that you are not including the mwEmbed code (<script src=""></script>) in the header of your page.

@themmai - Thanks for your advice. It works like a charm… This has been problem for long…Now its alright…

Thanks Again


I am still experiencing a Network connection error when trying tp play a video on iOS 7.
Currently running the latest Kaltura 9.13.0-6 release.

Screenshot (taken on an iPad2 running iOS 7)

Under /opt/kaltura/web/html5/html5lib/ there are several versions of the library, but I don’t know which one Kaltura is picking.

Interestingly, the render source shows several https calls, although I have explicitly chosen http during install.


Player preview:

In theory, nothing should load given the wrong use of connection protocol, although in practice only iOS devices seem consitently affected (I say consistently because the error occurs on certain Android versions at times).

In order to check if the https calls were at fault, I have dumped the rendered source into an HTML file, but the exact same error persists.