How to configure iframe embeded player?

Hello everyone, I am a classic user of the Kaltura platform available to me. To show a video outside the Kaltura platform I have the possibility to embed it with iframe. The code provided looks like this:

<iframe id="kmsembed-0_ya0u8f2i" width="400" height="285" src="https://tube.video.abc.com/embed/secure/iframe/entryId/0_ya0u8f2i/uiConfId/23449533" class="kmsembed" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozAllowFullScreen allow="autoplay *; fullscreen *; encrypted-media *" frameborder="0" title="Kaltura Player"></iframe>

I would like to make the following configurations on the player:

• autostart of the video with activated sound.
  • adjusting the color of the progress bar
  • hiding the border of the control buttons

Are these interventions possible by calling the player with an iframe? If so, how can the corresponding wishes be implemented?

Thank you very much for your support.
Greetings Michael

Hello @Guenther,

It is possible to set these attributes dynamically per embed code if that’s what you wish to accomplish but if you want all embeds using a given player [UI conf ID 23449533 in your case] to behave this way, it’s far easier to edit this player’s UI conf once so you won’t have to manually change the embed code every time.
This can easily be done via KMC->Studio->YOUR player but can also be done by making direct API calls.

In the studio, for auto play, check ‘Automatically play video on page load’ under ‘Basic Display’, for the progress bar colour, under ‘Look and Feel’, check ‘Custom styles’ and edit ’ Slider color’ and ‘Slider watched color’.

With regards to auto play in Chrome, please find a detailed description of Chrome’s current auto play policy here:

This policy became effective in April, 2018 and is, of course, not specific to the Kaltura player.

From that doc:
"Autoplay with sound is allowed if:
- User has interacted with the domain (click, tap, etc.).
- On desktop, the user’s Media Engagement Index threshold has been crossed, meaning the user has previously play video with sound.
- On mobile, the user has [added the site to their home screen].

Hello jess, thank you so much for the feedback. I don’t have access to studio but only to the iframe code. How can I change the desired parameters? Thank you very much.

Hello, is there somewhere an overview / example available, how to dynamically set attributes (see first post of this thread) per embed code?

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,
Michael

I have the same problem two years later.
This post by AdreasBader

shows an example of controlling a kaltura player in an iframe using

&flashvars[Parameter]=value

Added to the URL in the iframe after the entry_id but I could not get it to work, even though I added all the same code in exactly the same order, nothing about the player changed.

Hello @timtak ,

Please post your full embed code.

Thank you very much @jess

Please be so kind as to see this thread

Where I post the full embed code including my attempts to get flashvars working.

Thanks again
Tim