Error during installation : dpkg: error processing package kaltura-db (--configure):

Hello,

I am using the last revision of Ubuntu in a Virtual Machine in VirtualBox.

I used this : https://github.com/kaltura/platform-install-packages/blob/master/doc/install-kaltura-deb-based.md#unattended-installation
In another thread I’ve seen that to help to debug we need to add into /var/lib/dpkg/info/kaltura-db.postinst

#!/bin/bash -x

And in another thread it is suggested to use

aptitude install -f

When I use it, I get (the last lines…):

++ mkdir -p /tmp/tmpdir_kaltura
++ cp /opt/kaltura/log/generate.php.log /opt/kaltura/log/insertContent.log /opt/kaltura/log/insertDefaults.log /opt/kaltura/log/insertPermissions.log /opt/kaltura/log/installPlugins.log /opt/kaltura/log/kaltura_admin.log /opt/kaltura/log/kaltura_apache_access.log /opt/kaltura/log/kaltura_apache_errors.log /opt/kaltura/log/kaltura_deploy.log /opt/kaltura/log/kaltura_populate.log /opt/kaltura/log/kaltura_prod.log /opt/kaltura/log/kaltura_scripts.log /tmp/tmpdir_kaltura
++ cd /tmp/tmpdir_kaltura
++ tar zcf /opt/kaltura/log/log_09_11_15_12_08.tar.gz generate.php.log insertContent.log insertDefaults.log insertPermissions.log installPlugins.log kaltura_admin.log kaltura_apache_access.log kaltura_apache_errors.log kaltura_deploy.log kaltura_populate.log kaltura_prod.log kaltura_scripts.log
++ ‘[’ -r /opt/kaltura/bin/contact.rc ‘]’
++ . /opt/kaltura/bin/contact.rc
+++ USER_CONSENT=0
++ send_install_becon kaltura-db.postinst install_fail 175,1.0.28
++ trap - ERR
++ ‘[’ -r /opt/kaltura/bin/contact.rc ‘]’
++ . /opt/kaltura/bin/contact.rc
+++ USER_CONSENT=0
++ ‘[’ -z 0 -o 0 = 0 ‘]’
++ return 0
++ exit 11
dpkg: error processing package kaltura-db (–configure):
le sous-processus script post-installation installé a retourné une erreur de sortie d’état 11

Hello,

Actually, we need the lines before that, what you pasted is the packaging of logs post the actual error.
Please take a look at /opt/kaltura/log/insert*, specifically, the last log of these that was written to, which I suspect would be /opt/kaltura/log/insertContent.log and find the error?
I suspect it might be that the hostname you provided as service URL is unreachable and thus the population of the DB fails.

Thanks,

Hi Jess,

Thank you for your answer, this is the content of insertContent.log

tail -100 /opt/kaltura/log/insertContent.log
#0 /opt/kaltura/app/tests/lib/KalturaClientBase.php(953): KalturaClientBase->doQueue()
#1 /opt/kaltura/app/tests/standAloneClient/exec.php(345): KalturaClientBase->doMultiRequest()
#2 {main}
  thrown in /opt/kaltura/app/tests/lib/KalturaClientBase.php on line 401
Queuing action [userRole.add]
Queuing action [user.add]
Executing multirequest
service url: [hhhh://kaltura.avatar.anyware.corp]
curl: hhhh://kaltura.avatar.anyware.corp/api_v3/index.php?service=multirequest
post: {"format":"3","ignoreNull":"true","clientTag":"php5:15-11-06","apiVersion":"3.3.0","0":{"service":"userrole","action":"add","userRole":{"objectType":"KalturaUserRole","name":"System Administrator","systemName":"System Administrator","description":"System Administrator","status":"1","permissionNames":"*","tags":"admin_console"},"ks":"MGVkZTYwNWFmYWEwMTkyMmMwMDIwZWYzM2M2NzE2NTZjZDM5YzdjMXwtMjstMjsxNDQ3MTUxMjA3OzI7MjQ5NDM7Ow=="},"1":{"service":"user","action":"add","user":{"objectType":"KalturaUser","id":"frederic.xxxxxxxx@anyware-services.com","screenName":"frederic.xxxxxxxx@anyware-services.com","fullName":"Kaltura Administrator","email":"frederic.xxxxxxxx@anyware-services.com","status":"1","password":"admin","isAdmin":"1","roleIds":"{1:result:id}","allowedPartnerIds":"*"},"ks":"MGVkZTYwNWFmYWEwMTkyMmMwMDIwZWYzM2M2NzE2NTZjZDM5YzdjMXwtMjstMjsxNDQ3MTUxMjA3OzI7MjQ5NDM7Ow=="},"kalsig":"aa2d65105759af1a2fd858b6bf33d853"}
result (serialized): <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
<html><head>
<title>503 Service Unavailable</title>
</head><body>
<h1>Service Unavailable</h1>
<p>The server is temporarily unable to service your
request due to maintenance downtime or capacity
problems. Please try again later.</p>
</body></html>

PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught exception 'KalturaClientException' with message 'failed to unserialize server result
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
<html><head>
</head><body>
</body></html>
' in /opt/kaltura/app/tests/lib/KalturaClientBase.php:401
Stack trace:
#0 /opt/kaltura/app/tests/lib/KalturaClientBase.php(953): KalturaClientBase->doQueue()
#1 /opt/kaltura/app/tests/standAloneClient/exec.php(345): KalturaClientBase->doMultiRequest()
#2 {main}
Executing multirequest
post: {"format":"3","ignoreNull":"true","clientTag":"php5:15-11-06","apiVersion":"3.3.0","0":{"service":"userrole","action":"add","userRole":{"objectType":"KalturaUserRole","name":"System Administrator","systemName":"System Administrator","description":"System Administrator","status":"1","permissionNames":"*","tags":"admin_console"},"ks":"YzVlYmJjMzUwNDQ1YjMxMmRjZjI0MDE5MmRhNzQ3ZTEwMTA0NzBhZnwtMjstMjsxNDQ3MTUzNzI3OzI7MTEzMTU7Ow=="},"1":{"service":"user","action":"add","user":{"objectType":"KalturaUser","id":"frederic.xxxxxxxx@anyware-services.com","screenName":"frederic.xxxxxxxx@anyware-services.com","fullName":"Kaltura Administrator","email":"frederic.xxxxxxxx@anyware-services.com","status":"1","password":"admin","isAdmin":"1","roleIds":"{1:result:id}","allowedPartnerIds":"*"},"ks":"YzVlYmJjMzUwNDQ1YjMxMmRjZjI0MDE5MmRhNzQ3ZTEwMTA0NzBhZnwtMjstMjsxNDQ3MTUzNzI3OzI7MTEzMTU7Ow=="},"kalsig":"1e882534bc2ef8e806ea5fc0707a3105"}
<html><head>
</head><body>
</body></html>

PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught exception 'KalturaClientException' with message 'failed to unserialize server result
<html><head>
</head><body>
</body></html>
Stack trace:
#2 {main}
Executing multirequest
post: {"format":"3","ignoreNull":"true","clientTag":"php5:15-11-06","apiVersion":"3.3.0","0":{"service":"userrole","action":"add","userRole":{"objectType":"KalturaUserRole","name":"System Administrator","systemName":"System Administrator","description":"System Administrator","status":"1","permissionNames":"*","tags":"admin_console"},"ks":"OTU3Mzg1NmRjY2UxZTlkZjYzYTYxNzY0ODJlYTY4ODcxYmNiM2NhMXwtMjstMjsxNDQ3MTU0MzEyOzI7MjkyNDc7Ow=="},"1":{"service":"user","action":"add","user":{"objectType":"KalturaUser","id":"frederic.xxxxxxxx@anyware-services.com","screenName":"frederic.xxxxxxxx@anyware-services.com","fullName":"Kaltura Administrator","email":"frederic.xxxxxxxx@anyware-services.com","status":"1","password":"admin","isAdmin":"1","roleIds":"{1:result:id}","allowedPartnerIds":"*"},"ks":"OTU3Mzg1NmRjY2UxZTlkZjYzYTYxNzY0ODJlYTY4ODcxYmNiM2NhMXwtMjstMjsxNDQ3MTU0MzEyOzI7MjkyNDc7Ow=="},"kalsig":"f8133207dc92b079c80890c4190e5810"}
<html><head>
</head><body>
</body></html>

<html><head>
</head><body>
</body></html>
Stack trace:
#2 {main}
root@fred-VirtualBox:/etc/apache2#

Hello,

Yes, so, as I suspected, requests to curl: hhhh://kaltura.avatar.anyware.corp/api_v3/index.php?service=multirequest return with HTTP 503, which is why it is failing.
Is kaltura.avatar.anyware.corp the correct hostname for the machine on which Kaltura server is installed?
What is the output for
# apachectl -t -DDUMP_VOSTS
?

I forgot to tell you that I replace the http by hhhh because this forum was rejecting my message because it contained more than 2 urls and because I am new :).

No it is not the correct hostname!.

apachectl -t -DDUMP_VHOSTS
VirtualHost configuration:
*:80                   kaltura.avatar.anyware.corp (/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/zzzkaltura.conf:1)

But I can add it into /etc/hosts if necessary. Is this hostname was set automatically or I may did a mistake during the process?

Yeah, I understood as much…:smile: the hostname and service URL and so on, are determined according to what you input during the configure stage of kaltura-base and kaltura-front.
If you made a mistake at that point, you can always correct it by running:
# dpkg-reconfigure kaltura-base
# dpkg-reconfigure kaltura-front

Whatever you input must be resolvable both from within the machine and from the machine running your browser.

ok, thank you :smile:
If you like you can close this thread

Ok so now it works but when I try to connect to VMC I am redirected to https:
https:///index.php/kmc/kmc4
And it does not work.

Please see: https://github.com/kaltura/platform-install-packages/blob/Kajam-11.2.0/doc/kaltura-packages-faq.md#kmc-is-routed-to-a-ssl-link

Thank you it works well :smile:
Is there a i18n file that contains all the text displayed in the player? Or a file that contains text displayed in order to display french labels, like “Play”, “Change volume”…

Also do you have an API to upload a video and to embed? The idea would be to have a plugin for your solution into an Open Source CMS.

Hi,
Player UI strings come from the localization file EmbedPlayer.i18n.json.
Error messages come from the localization file KalturaSupport.i18n.json.
You can also override strings using player configuration via the “strings” plugin (example).

As for upload API - this should be answered by someone from the platform API team.

Amir

Thank you. I will wait the answer for the API.

API for upload - there sure is. In fact, everything that our front tools [KMC, KMS] do is achieved by using the same API.
See: https://developer.kaltura.org/recipes/upload and https://developer.kaltura.org/recipes/dynamic_thumbnails

Thank’s a lot for all this support!

Most welcome.

Happy Kalturing,

PS
Would love for you to take part in our CE survey here:
https://surveys.kaltura.org/index.php/877436