Entry migration between servers

Has anyone had any success in migrating publishers and entries to a different Kaltura server?

Hello,

Yep, it’s been done before:) I’d recommend using the API to accomplish it. For the entries and their metadata, you can use bulk upload. For partners, players, custom metadata and so on, you’ll need to write simple API scripts that will get the data from the original server and create a parallel on the new one.

Note however that the IDs for entries, partners and so on will be different on the new machine, which means if you have embed codes for playback in external sites, these will need to be changed accordingly.

I need to keep the same entries IDs

Then please follow: Copy videos between servers with different versions of kaltura
note that you first need to ensure the original server is running the same version of Kaltura as the new server.

I want to avoid using the upgrade.
Thats why I am looking for a way to just migrate the entries to a new install of a newer version.

The upgrade always seems to break something in the way.

What version are you currently running?

right now it is version 10.2.0

OK. Upgrades should work fine when following: https://github.com/kaltura/platform-install-packages/blob/master/doc/install-kaltura-redhat-based.md#upgrade-kaltura
Of course, if something does go wrong, you’re always welcome to report it and I’ll gladly help you resolve it.

That said, you can also choose to install 10.2.0 on the target server. That can be done by changing /etc/yum.repos.d/kaltura.repo on the target repo and replacing ‘latest’ with ‘10.2.0’.