DWH Analytics issues old date uploads videos play count zero

Hi Folks;

I solved the general analytical problem, good works. BUT;

select * from kalturadw_ds.parameters;

sync_last_execution_plays_views 2016-10-07 10:43:18
sync_start_time_plays_views 2016-10-07 10:43:18

new uploads videos play count is OK but older than 2016-10-07 videos problem :frowning:

select id,updated_at from kaltura.entry;
0_4d7nc2ns | 2015-10-07 10:42:12

0_4d7nc2ns is entry Not show play count KMC analytic screen

What is your suggestion?

Could you please describer how did you solve it?

Hi jeansalim83,

https://github.com/kaltura/platform-install-packages/blob/master/doc/kaltura-packages-faq.md Analytics issues
reinstall kaltura-dwh-11.3.0-1.noarch OK good works

I did not know the exact date of server installation therefore, I’ve set dim_sync_last_update value as 20161007 ( date of kaltura-dwh-11.3.0-1.noarch pckage installation).
Now the current problem is that Kaltura analitics displays 0 for the uploads performed before the 20161007. Do you have any advice regarding the problem?

Hi @kurnaz,

Analytics events are populated into the DB based on entries in the Apache access logs.
The parser looks at logs under /opt/kaltura/web/logs/.*kaltura.*_access.*.log-.*
Searching for log entries with the following pattern:

"GET /api_v3/index.php?service=stats.*&action=collect.*"

And so, the first question would be: do you have Apache access log files from before 2016-10-07 that have entries with the pattern “GET /api_v3/index.php?service=stats.&action=collect.”? If not, then that would explain why you cannot see any stats for these days.

In case you’ve deleted the logs, you can make this query to see whether or not the DWH parser logged these files as parsed by making the following query:

mysql> select * from kalturadw_ds.files where insert_time >=%Y%m%d;

And check if actual data about entries play and views was inserted:

mysql> select * from kalturadw.dwh_fact_events where event_date_id >=%Y%m%d ;

Hi Jess,

ok i understand

if i change the dates 2015 on kalturadw_ds.parameters tables, do you think is that ok ?

Sorry but I don’t understand what you’re trying to accomplish by doing so?

i would like to re-count before 2016-10-07 10:43:18 videos

What do you mean by “re-count”?

i mean recalculation, Analytic Video Plays

i mean re-count is repopulate