Drop Folder Not Ingesting content

I have setup a FTP drop folder and it is not ingesting media in the folder. After running ‘kaltlog’ I got the following errors.

==> /opt/kaltura/log/kaltura_batch.log <==
PHP Warning:  file_put_contents(/batch.pid): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /opt/kaltura/app/batch/scheduler/KGenericScheduler.class.php on line 97
2016-03-06 23:21:11 [0.040859] [139795595] [2] [BATCH] [KGenericScheduler->loadConfig] INFO: 2.0.2

Please find a copy of the batch log as well for your review.

I have no clue why I am seeing a permission denied error nor how to fix it.

Please share your /opt/kaltura/app/configurations/batch/batch.ini, masking the ‘secret’ directive value and your /etc/init.d/kaltura-batch as well as the output for:
# rpm -q kaltura-batch

@jess

Per your request here is the content of teh batch.ini file you requested.

Finally, the output from the command provided.

# rpm -q kaltura-batch
kaltura-batch-11.9.0-2.noarch

OK, I believe I understand what the problem is.
Please:
# rpm -Uhv http://installrepo.origin.kaltura.org/repo/releases/11.9.0/RPMS/noarch/kaltura-batch-11.9.0-3.noarch.rpm

Then rerun the configure scripts [you can use a previous answer file instead of reinputting everything] and batch should be up and running.

Let me know.

Wow, whatever that repo was seems to have corrected a lot of issues even before running the scripts again. Email notifications and other process started working immediately after installing that repo. I will update you on all open issues separately in each thread after I re-run the scripts.

I will drop all datebases and run the configuration scripts from scratch and see if this fixes my issues.

Thank you

@jess

I still have not been able to get remote drop folders to work but I was able to get local drop folders to work without issue. Basically, if I try to access a drop folder using non SSL FTP I get an error saying the host cannot be reached. This is even after Kaltura has already connected once and got a list of the files to be imported from the FTP connection. My review shows the information passed on the second pass is malformed.

However, I am getting the following error when trying to configure the local folder to skip a file type.

--
2016-04-03 22:03:08 [0.000062] [1504396817] [92] [BATCH] [kFileTransferMgr->fileExists] DEBUG: File exists
2016-04-03 22:03:08 [0.000087] [1504396817] [93] [BATCH] [KDropFolderFileTransferEngine->validatePhysicalFile] ERR: exception 'Exception' with message 'Ignoring file [.ftpquota] matching ignore pattern [.ftpquota]' in /opt/kaltura/app/infra/log/KalturaLog.php:83
Stack trace:
#0 /opt/kaltura/app/plugins/drop_folder/batch/Engine/KDropFolderFileTransferEngine.php(235): KalturaLog::err('Ignoring file [...')

The question is how to file this error and the malformed connection information passed by Kaltura on the second pass during the batch process when connecting with a basic FTP connection.