Debian All in one platform install package not creating virtual hosts

Hi,

I’ve been trying to install Kaltura CE as an all in one server on Debian 8.3, but it keeps failing to create virtual hosts for apache. Result is that the API call fails during installation of kaltura-db and the whole script stops.

ERROR: Couldn’t make an API request to http://[myserver]/api_v3/index.php?service=system&action=ping.

I have intermediate knowledge of Debian linux but am a newbie to Kaltura. Can someone please help? I’m glad to supply more information or logs if you let me know what is relevant.

Thank you so much!

Hello,

Your issue is not specific to Debian in any way:)
Like the error says, the command:
curl -I -v http://[myserver]/api_v3/index.php?service=system&action=ping
failed.

Does:
curl -I -v http://[myserver] work?
if not, then the host you supplied is simply not resolvable, you must supply a resolvable one or add the one you want to /etc/hosts to make it resolvable.
Note that the same needs to happen from whereever you plan to run the browser talking to the Kaltura web I/Fs.
if it is resolvable and /api_v3/index.php returns a 404, what is the output for

# apachectl -t -DDUMP_VHOSTS
?

Hi jess,

thanks for your reply.

This command returns HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found

that returns HTTP/1.1 200 OK

that returns
VirtualHost configuration:

so basically nothing…

as stated in the documentation before starting the install script i disabled the apache default site with
"a2dissite 000-default.conf" and reloaded the config with “service apache2 reload”

but it seems as if no new virtualhosts are added during the installation.

try:
# dpkg-reconfigure kaltura-front

Make sure this passes successfully and recheck the vhost configuration.
If it works correctly, then you can rerun the install script, it will skip what it already successfully done.

Hi jess,

thanks for your help. Obviously the error was due to missing wheezy repositories. The installation continues now, but fails again during kaltura-nginx install… Here’s what’s happening in the console :frowning:

The following NEW packages will be installed:
kaltura-nginx
0 packages upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 7 not upgraded.
Need to get 558 kB of archives. After unpacking 1,333 kB will be used.
Get: 1 http://installrepo.kaltura.org/repo/apt/debian/ kajam/main kaltura-nginx amd64 1.8.0-8+b7 [558 kB]
Fetched 558 kB in 1s (504 kB/s)
Preconfiguring packages …
Selecting previously unselected package kaltura-nginx.
(Reading database … 109589 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack …/kaltura-nginx_1.8.0-8+b7_amd64.deb …
Unpacking kaltura-nginx (1.8.0-8+b7) …
Processing triggers for systemd (215-17+deb8u3) …
Setting up kaltura-nginx (1.8.0-8+b7) …
Job for kaltura-nginx.service failed. See ‘systemctl status kaltura-nginx.service’ and ‘journalctl -xn’ for details.

kaltura-nginx.postinst FAILED with: 41233 on line 68

Archving logs to /opt/kaltura/log/log_01_03_16_18_54.tar.gz…
dpkg: error processing package kaltura-nginx (–configure):
subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 11
Processing triggers for libc-bin (2.19-18+deb8u3) …
Errors were encountered while processing:
kaltura-nginx
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
Failed to perform requested operation on package. Trying to recover:
Setting up kaltura-nginx (1.8.0-8+b7) …
Job for kaltura-nginx.service failed. See ‘systemctl status kaltura-nginx.service’ and ‘journalctl -xn’ for details.

kaltura-nginx.postinst FAILED with: 41296 on line 68

Archving logs to /opt/kaltura/log/log_01_03_16_18_54.tar.gz…
dpkg: error processing package kaltura-nginx (–configure):
subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 11
Processing triggers for libc-bin (2.19-18+deb8u3) …
Errors were encountered while processing:
kaltura-nginx

root@myserver:~# journalctl -xn
– Logs begin at Tue 2016-03-01 18:06:19 CET, end at Tue 2016-03-01 18:54:25 CET. –
Mar 01 18:32:09 myserver /etc/mysql/debian-start[30547]: This installation of MySQL is already upgraded to 5.5.47, use --force if you still need to run mysql_upgrade
Mar 01 18:32:09 myserver /etc/mysql/debian-start[30582]: Checking for insecure root accounts.
Mar 01 18:32:09 myserver /etc/mysql/debian-start[30587]: Triggering myisam-recover for all MyISAM tables
Mar 01 18:35:22 myserver monit[31511]: Stopping daemon monitor: monit.
Mar 01 18:35:22 myserver monit[31535]: Starting daemon monitor: monit.
Mar 01 18:39:01 myserver CRON[35297]: pam_unix(cron:session): session opened for user root by (uid=0)
Mar 01 18:39:01 myserver CRON[35298]: (root) CMD ( [ -x /usr/lib/php5/sessionclean ] && /usr/lib/php5/sessionclean)
Mar 01 18:39:03 myserver CRON[35297]: pam_unix(cron:session): session closed for user root
Mar 01 18:54:20 myserver systemd[1]: Unit kaltura-nginx.service cannot be reloaded because it is inactive.
Mar 01 18:54:25 myserver systemd[1]: Unit kaltura-nginx.service cannot be reloaded because it is inactive.
root@myserver:~#