Custom Metadata - Media Repurposing

Hello everyone,

I have a custom data schema called MRP applied to the entries.

It’s adding some fields I don’t use on the entries.

Is it safe to delete this custom data schema since it’s not something I manually created ? What is it used for ?

Many thanks

Hi @luca.guindani,

You can read about the media re-purposing feature here:
https://knowledge.kaltura.com/media-repurposing

The MRP custom metadata schema is auto added by this script /opt/kaltura/app/deployment/updates/scripts/addMediaRepurposingProfiles.php

Even if you don’t intend to use that, I recommend you do not remove it although doing so should not cause any damage.

okay great, thanks @jess for the information.

Hey @jess

Before today, I did not have the media repurposing profile. Working on the platform today, it seems to have appeared for some reason. Do you know why this would have appeared suddenly? I might actually use this function, but it’s sudden appearance was unexpected.

Hi Dave,

The MRP custom metadata schema is auto added by this script /opt/kaltura/app/deployment/updates/scripts/addMediaRepurposingProfiles.php
If you recently upgraded, that would account for it.

This is very odd. I haven’t upgraded recently.

I’ve just been bulk uploading entries during the past week. I did recently turn on the function to “purge files on deletion” for my publisher account I’m using. Would that trigger anything that would run that script?

Same for me, it appeared one day without any update on my end. I don’t remember if I enabled the “purge files on deletion” then.

Hey @jess,

Do you have to run that script with certain partner ID’s for it to fully set up MR? I see the MR metadata profile, but I don’t see where I actually configure MR in terms of what templates to use, if that makes sense.

The link you posted describes MR in general, but not really specifics on getting started with it.

Thanks!

Hey @jess

I think I want to dig into MRP a bit more, but I can’t find much on it as far as getting started with it. I’ve poked around in the KMC a bit to see if I could find a place to start, but it seems a bit nebulous at the current moment.

Is there a crash course in MRP that you could point me to?

Hi @david.hahn1,

A general overview of this feature can be found here:
https://knowledge.kaltura.com/media-repurposing

To configure it, go to Admin Console->Publishers->Your partner->Actions->Configure->Check Enable Media Repurposing.
Then go to Admin Console->Publishers->Your partner->Profiles->Media Repurposing and configure a profile based on one of the available templates.

If you have follow up questions, feel free to post them here.

Thanks @jess. I see where this get’s configured now! :slight_smile: It’s in the admin console, not really in the KMC I think I can take it from here but I’ll be sure to post questions.