Clip not found media not found. preview screen is black

clip not found media not found. preview screen is black. user cannot clip not trim

please step buy step answer all services are running

please straight forward answer

kaltura 12.10

thanks in advance

Hello,

In the shell on the server, run:
# . /etc/profile.d/kaltura*base.sh
# kaltlog

Then make the request and look at the log to find the error.
In parallel, also open the dev tools in your browser and look at the errors under the console and network tabs. Once you have the error, we can take from there.

will /etc/profile.d/kaltura*base.sh fix the problem

No. Like I explained, you should do that so you can call kaltlog from the root shell and look at the errors while making the requests. In parallel, also open the dev tools in your browser and look at the errors under the console and network tabs. Once you have the error, we can take from there.

ok thanks i will do that.

one other question

where does kaltura store my physical files that i upload by default

do it rename them i hope not. because i would like to be able to retrieve my files when kaltura is down

please assist

If it’s just one user having this issue, check the file name of the media being uploaded. We were experiencing this same issue with just one of our users and found out the problem was periods in the file name before the file type indicator. She was naming the files:

lecture.10.11.16

And then the .mp4 at the end. Then she changed her naming to:

lecture-10-11-16

It worked fine once the .mp4 was added.

Might not be the answer to your issue, but it’s easy enough to check.

thanks but no luck
my files donot have periods

any other simple checks its now happening with all users. i find this is so strange.

that kaltura will be showing the files cliping the files no it says no media cannot file clips black screen